Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (noobie)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-24-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   

Just bought my first boat (2008 V215 Sanger). I am looking for a good cover for it and am coming up empty, any suggestions? Also I would like very much to find a manual of some sort helping me understand the different components on the boat? any advice to keep myself out of trouble?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-24-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
Give Corey at evolution covers a call they are expensive but worth it
http://www.evolutioncovers.com/
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-24-2011, 8:33 PM Reply   
Welcome to the Sanger family! First, be sure to join the Sanger group on this site, it's good for contacts and info from other Sanger owners. As far as the cover, Westland makes a nice custom fit cover by application for your boat that is towable and won't break the bank. I might be able to put you in contact with someone who was selling some for half retail, not sure what if any he has left now though but it couldn't hurt to ask. As far as manuals, Sanger has one thats been the same for quite a while and only pertains to the hull and interior and a few other items but nothing regarding the drivetrain, for those you will have to contact Walter V-Drive directly and then Mercruiser directly as well. I could possibly copy my Sanger owners manual and send it to you if you really want one.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       02-25-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Give Corey at evolution covers a call they are expensive but worth it
http://www.evolutioncovers.com/
How much is "expensive"?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-25-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
They are close to a thousand dollars but are worth it.They fit like a glove are made of sunbrella and are safe to trailer with
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-25-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
I bought a v210 used and Sanger told me they had no manuals. I contacted the guy who sold it to me and he was able to get Sanger to send him a manual which he forwarded to me. It was essentially worthless. Much better is the mercruiser manual you can order from mercruiser's site. It talks about engine/transmission/v-drive maintenance and winterization. I think it cost me $30. I wish I could tell you more but I bought mine at the end of last season and was only able to use it a few times.

Did you buy your 08 new or used? I was looking at some new 08s (leftover stock) last year but decided to go used because of price.
Old     (noobie)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-25-2011, 9:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses! I bought it used, got a great deal
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-25-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
The beauty of the internet is that you can find almost anything you need to know about your boat. The "manuals" the boats come with are a joke. Luckily most of the operating systems are pretty basic. If you've got questions just post them here.

Have fun, man. The 215's are great boats.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-25-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
Yeah the manuals are a joke just ask questions on here must of us have been there done that and there are some very skilled guys on here. If you have a dealer realtionship you can often email them with questions as well. Welcome to the family man you're gonna love your new ride
Old     (noobie)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-27-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
so, after 3 months of looking I cannot find a vendor with the pattern for a cover for a 2008 Sanger V215.. any other suggestions?
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-27-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
Well, you can take it to one of the places that custom makes them and they can take a pattern. Or you can possibly try to contact sanger to buy an OE cover for it. Or you can go to a local upholstery/vinyl shop and have them custom make one.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-27-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
I have a Sanger original canvas cover that came with my boat from the dealer.
If I was ordering I would get the Sunbrella fabric and probably get it custom made by an upholsterer. Make sure you get a place for a support pole in the bow and in the center of the main cockpit to keep water pooling away.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2011, 11:55 AM Reply   
Hate, don't you have an evolution cover for your boat? The pattern is the same I think. The only difference would be the shape and location of the tower holes and/or cleats.

Evolution and Rankin make the best covers I have ever seen. The difference is that Corey at Evolution provides much better customer service and actually answers the phone when you call him.