Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-25-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
This past weekend I took a set on a friends boat (which had a much larger wake than my boat). I discovered that my method of jumping was all wrong. I never would have known I was not doing it right had the larger wake not amplified my mistakes. So I have been riding eight years doing it wrong the whole time! Combining this fact with all the difficulty I have had this year learning some inverts (backroll, ts backroll, raley) based of the the progressive edge (which I dont have) I have decided to go back to the basics and get it right this time. I can already see a difference in how much easier it is to get air doing it the right way... even with my tiny wake. My only point in sharing this is that maybe there are some of you out there who try and try and try but just cant land some of the bigger tricks. If your having this very frustrating problem, as I did, maybe starting over with the basics will help you. If your like me... you may not even know your doing it wrong (watching the book was a big help).
Old     (kyp12)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-26-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
I was exactly the same way. I certainly didn't ever claim to be very good, but after I read an article by Sean Murray earlier this summer and started watching Detention 2012. It has made a world of difference in my riding this summer.

I actually look cool every once and a while (right up until I try something new and get a sweet faceplant or wipeout).
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-27-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
I think I was at 5 years before I found out that I really didn't know what I was doing. I mean I made it work, but making it work and doing it right are very different! It's always a great idea to get out with a coach even if it's just once a season!