Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2011, 6:47 AM Reply   
Here we go boys and girls, it's finally upon us. The most glorious sport on the planet is about to kick off another season.

As in previous years anyone participating in this thread should understand it is by design a "smack talking" thread where any and all who participate should fully expect to be called out, put down and generally disrespected with relation to their opinion on the season, team or player.

With that said, I'd like to provide you fools with my predictions on the schedule of the 2011 Super bowl Champions!

Pre Season :

Seattle vs. San Diego - win

Vikings vs. Seattle - phhttt Tavaris will make a statement here... win

Seattle vs. Denver - win

Raiders vs. Seattle - win

Regular Season :

Seattle vs. San Fran - We begin our dominance of the NFC West with a stomping of Niners.

Seattle vs. Steelers - We get the monkey off our back and finally beat Pittsburgh.

Cardinals vs. Seattle - Our first dominant home game with a resounding win against Arizona.

Atlanta vs. Seattle - After our spanking of the Cards we'll be aligned to stomp the Falcons.

Seattle vs. NY - Tough game on the road too close to call right now.

Seattle vs. Cleveland - Hahahahaha this one is in our pocket.

Bengals vs. Seattle - Yet another display of total dominance at home.

Seattle vs. Dallas - I can't wait for this one! The pathetic wussy sissy pansy ass Cowboys who get to stay at home yet again will get it handed to them by my glorious Hawks!

Baltimore vs. Seattle - A tough game at home for sure. We win in a close one.

Seattle vs. St Louis - Meh... forgone conclusion... win.

Redskins vs. Seattle - Snurk... win.

Philly vs. Seattle - Toughest home game all year. Too close to call.

St Louis vs. Seattle - We'll dominate them from start to finish.

Seattle vs. Chicago - Redemption for last year... win!

San Fran vs. Seattle - Cruise control to a win.

There you have it. The Hawks win their division, win their first home playoff game, host the NFC Championship and stomp whoever draws the short stick to go against us. On to the Super bowl for Pete and the Hawks first ring!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-10-2011, 6:56 AM Reply   
Okay it's in writing now.Let's see if you get any of your predictions right.
Old    bigdtx            08-10-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
Now we're talkin'!

So a minimum of 13-3. (LOL).

I am still down on the Cowboys after Jerry let Wade wreck the team over the last few years. But Tom Landry Jr. (aka Jason Garrett) looks like he might have them headed in the right direction and we'll see what wild man Rob Ryan can do with the defense. We got rid of two anchors in Roy Williams and Marion Barber (and I was huge Barber fan - but he's lost it).

Preseason starts tomorrow night against the Broncos at The Deathstar - looking forward to a lot of Tebow throwing it into the ground and tucking and running for a loss.

LET'S GET IT ON!
Attached Images

Last edited by bigdtx; 08-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Preseason starts tomorrow night against the Broncos at The Deathstar - looking forward to a lot of Tebow throwing it into the ground and tucking and running for a loss
Amen. I hope he sucks something fierce just so everyone shuts-up about who should start.

This year is going to be great-
My playoff picks for this year:
AFC:
East: Patriots
North: Steelers
South: Houston Texans (I think its their year for this division)
West: Chargers
WC 1: NY Jets
WC 2: Colts

NFC:
North: PACKERS !!!!!! GO PACK GO!
South: Falcons
East: Eagles
West: Arizona
WC 1: Saints/ Tampa Bay (its going to be reaaaal close)
WC 2: Giants

... with of course - THE PACKERS to serve up back to back championships!
I think this year will be a lot of fun, and the last 3/4 weeks will have more teams with a playoff chance than ever before. I think there will be maybe only 1 team per division that won't have a playoff shot coming into the final 3/4 games.

WOOOO FOOTBALL! First thing I did once I graduated and moved out of my school apartment - DIRECT-TV / SUNDAY TICKET!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-10-2011, 3:56 PM Reply   
Man, the Seahawks won't even make the playoffs and you got Cliff saying they will go 13-3? Look for Pete to have a couple of dreadful years and then returning to the Trojans to replace an ousted Lane Kiffin.

Unfortunately, my Titans are looking to have a sorry season which doesn't bode too well in the AFC South. Who knows???
Old    sperbet            08-10-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
I typically don't have much to contribute after about 3 weeks of the football season, but I'll go with my regular for the past few. Let's do this 9ers!
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
I typically don't have much to contribute after about 3 weeks of the football season, but I'll go with my regular for the past few. Let's do this 9ers!
I will admit but Patrick Willis is one Bad Mofo. I bet he is super sick since he has been training in his K-Swiss tubes. F%^$ You!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Man, the Seahawks won't even make the playoffs and you got Cliff saying they will go 13-3? Look for Pete to have a couple of dreadful years and then returning to the Trojans to replace an ousted Lane Kiffin.

Unfortunately, my Titans are looking to have a sorry season which doesn't bode too well in the AFC South. Who knows???
Hey, at least your Titans got my boy Jake and a cagey veteran to show him the ropes for a year or 2. I am now a Titan fan, a little.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
"Unfortunately, my Titans are looking to have a sorry season which doesn't bode too well in the AFC South. Who knows???"

You got Matt and Jake. Considering the Titan's current qb lineup vs the predecessor I wouldn't be dogging your team out before they even step on the field.
Old    bigdtx            08-10-2011, 7:25 PM Reply   
Here's our defensive guru - (the one on the left)...
Attached Images

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
:35 seconds
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-10-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
I will wait till i see at least a spark from the Cowboys before i make my predictions.Right now on paper the Eagles look to be the beast from the east.I expect Green Bay to take the north.I see Pittsburgh having the Super Bowl LOSERS HANGOVER.Baltimore will move to the top in afc north.Patriots and Jets will fight over the east.Texans and Colts do battle over the south title.Chargers should take the west.The nfc west is a toss up,but i like the 49ers.nfc south will be between Atlanta and New ORLEANS.I'll clean this up after preseason.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-11-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
I think Jake is a good addition. But we have CJ holding out right now, need him to have another 2000 yd season to give us any hope.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
"Okay it's in writing now.Let's see if you get any of your predictions right."

Numero uno in the books.

All three qbs looked pretty good and our defense was great in the second half.
Old    sperbet            08-12-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
All three qbs looked pretty good and our defense was great in the second half.
Tavaris looked good? We must've been watching different games
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-12-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
You know pre-season games do not matter. The niners went 4-0 last pre-season and looked what happened to them.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-12-2011, 8:37 AM Reply   
Cliff, I was ready to light you up for your prediction about the Chargers game last night but I'm glad I waited. Nice win in preseason but we all know that doesn't count for anything. The Seachickens getting over 12 wins? I highly doubt that but what do I know, I'm a Cardinals fan! I'm just glad we have FOOTBALL!!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-12-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, there is nothing better than tuning into this thread every year and basking in Cliff's wrongness! You left off Arizona at the end of the schedule, but I'm assuming you would predict a win there as well for a Seachickens 14-2 record for 2011. That's just too funny!!

I'm actually pretty stoked to watch my Rammies this year! They are definitely rolling in the right direction and I've NEVER seen them so active in free agency. They signed Sims-Walker, will hopefully re-sign Mark Clayton and will get a bunch of receivers back from injury, so Sam Bradford will have plenty of targets. Plus, they signed Cadillac Williams to give Stephen Jackson some relief, which is nice.

I'm not dumb enough to predict a 14-2 season, but I will predict an NFC West title and an appearance in the playoffs. Go Rams!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-12-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
Name:  SeaChickens.jpg
Views: 6229
Size:  50.1 KB
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-12-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
Name:  Rankings.jpg
Views: 2450
Size:  199.2 KB
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-12-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Cowboys squeaked one out,but it was Denver.Dallas defense sucks right now,i sure hope they get better.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-12-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Tavaris looked good? We must've been watching different games
... they might as well call up Favre so Tavaris can sit behind him another year.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-12-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
Let the smack begin!!
My playoff team predictions:
NFC:
1. HAWKS!! - Every year I make this prediction and I've only been wrong twice in the past 8 years. Seems like a safe bet this year too!
2. Eagles - The Miami Heat of the NFL
3. Packers - Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in football right now. You might not be convinced now, but wait till this season is over.
4. Saints - Last year was a let down for Brees, but he is still the best QB in that division.
5. Falcons - Too much talent indoors to keep out of the playoffs.
6. Lions - Call me crazy, but Detroit needs some good news.

AFC:
1. Patriots - if Ocho is half as good as Moss was a few years ago, watch out.
2. Chargers - Jackson back from the start will help Rivers put up 30 points a game.
3. Ravens - might be Ray Lewis' last shot at another SB.
4. Texans - this is the year they beat the Colts
5. Colts - can't keep Manning out of the playoffs
6. Steelers - I hate making this pick.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Poor Hawks haters. Do yourselves a favor and get on board!

Dave,

It wouldn'be right if i didn't screw the post up in some way. I'm a tardy on this smart phone. Should have checked the word doc before copying over. You know my prediction on the Cards game anyway.

WIN!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
Anyone catch last night's game - #50 for the Texans was a stud! I really like how the Texans played, they may have a legit shot at that division this year.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-16-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
How 'bout dem Rams!! First team puts up 17 points on the Colts scoring on 6 of 7 drives with a couple interceptions and nice stops from the D. They appear to be way deep at running back with Stephen Jackson (he didn't play), Cadillac Williams (11 carries, 40 yards, 1 TD and a 3.6 yards-per-carry average), Jerious Norwood (8 carries, 37 yards, 4.6 average) and Keith Toston (11 carries, 64 yards, 1 TD, 5.8 yard average). Of course, Sam Bradford is a stud and AJ Feeley backed him up nicely. First round pick Lance Kendricks tore it up. It will be nice to see the Rams with a good receiving tight end option.

I'm almost glad that they play Philly in their first regular season game cuz that would be an amazing win if they can pull it off. They definitely got jacked on their schedule though. Probably the toughest first 7 weeks in the NFL. I wish we had the Seachicken's schedule Cliff listed above.

Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants
Baltimore Ravens
Washington Redskins
Green Bay Packers
Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Saints
Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-16-2011, 12:37 PM Reply   
So pumped my boy Kolb is in AZ throwing to Larry Fitz now!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Probably the toughest first 7 weeks in the NFL.
But the weakest 9 weeks after....
Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
.... other than the Steelers, thats pretty weak
Old    deltahoosier            08-16-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
Colts only played the starters for one series.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-19-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
So last night Eagles v. Steelers..... eagles did NOT look like they were hyped to be.

Vick had 3 picks, their start studded pass D was picked apart by 1st and 2nd string qbs.

... honestly the only thing that looked good was McCoy
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-19-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
So pumped my boy Kolb is in AZ throwing to Larry Fitz now!
I've always pulled for Kolb to bust some heads. Played against him in high school and he was a man among boys. Didn't quite have the team around him but he was by far a presence on the field.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-22-2011, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkinsttu View Post
I've always pulled for Kolb to bust some heads. Played against him in high school and he was a man among boys. Didn't quite have the team around him but he was by far a presence on the field.
My brother dates his wife's sister. He's a great guy, super humble, and has a cannon (took a Nerf water football to the dome one time from him.. not pretty). Really like that he went to AZ and took a starting position. Philly was just a pain because of controversy and snow. Now he's got some good talent around him and is in a position to really make something happen.

This is all of us in Mexico, tackling some tacos and cervezas
Attached Images

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
The Pats looked scary good already last night, their O and D line were killing it.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-20-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
I just bought my 4 tickets to the Nov. 6th Cowboys v. Sea Hawks game!!! Bring it on Cliff!!!

May the best Cliff win!!

if you make it down, we will be tailgating before and after the win. Come on by
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-20-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
Cowboys got it this year, all that way. I want Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn to get hurt so Graham Harrell can shine!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-20-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
Mcnabb is getting some Hawk smack down already tonight!

Go Hawks!

Cliff,

I've got to take you up on that. I'm going to see if I can work a trip out.
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       08-20-2011, 11:17 PM Reply   
Seahawks in the Playoffs?? Bwahahaha! No way! EXTREMELY bold predictions there Seattle. Tavaris Jackson? REALLY?? I'm a 'Skins fan and say we go 9-7 and miss the Playoffs. Last year we were 6-10 and lost 8 games by 4 points or less so last season could very well have gone another way...we did manage to beat the champs! I think we do better than that this year...at least I hope so...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-21-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
Phhhttt... You have no faith in your team. Another wishy washy wanna be football fan.

Even though we lost (due to Williams butter fingers) Clip Board Jesus looked really good. I'm beginning to think he may steal the starting position.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2011, 4:20 AM Reply   
Well Dallas sucked again and it wasn't even close.I know we didn't have our starting corners,but they were running all over us too.With all new backs too.Still waiting to see some defense.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-22-2011, 6:49 AM Reply   
Yeah he's always had a cannon on him. Haha I can imagine that would hurt like an sob.
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       08-22-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
Wishy washy?? How am I wishy washy?? Because I'm not busting out of the gate claiming a 16-0 season and a Super Bowl title? I am a true fan and have been a 'Skins fan since I was a kid growing up near DC. I'm a realist though and know that eventhough I think we can and will have a good year there is no way I would expect or predict a Championship. That just sounds like a ridiculous pipe dream...get real...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-22-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
Cliff, when you said Williams di dyou mean Golden *****? ***** dropped a pass the first play of the game that woudl of been a 20 yard gain. He also dropped the ball that got taken for a pick six. I am assuming the pick six is the play you are talking about. The Hawk O line looked ok in run blocking other then when they couldn't punch it it from 2 yards out on 4 plays. They should of run a bootleg one of those and they would of scored. On the other hand they were terrible at pass blocking People are hating on TJax but he had no time at all and made good decisions even under pressure. The only real bad throw he had was the deep one in the endzone where the safety came across and almost picked it. He should of thrown that farther outside to Williams or looked off the safety if he was going to throw it to Rice. Clip board did look good when he came in but I would like to see him get a shot with and against the ones.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-23-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
what's wrong with fans out there in California. A couple of people laughed in the comments about football being a family outing. Well, it's still a family event here in north Texas!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...tadiumshooting
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
Here we come Denver!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2011, 6:58 PM Reply   
Another solid performance from the Rams starters against Kansas City last night. 3-0 and two of those were really solid games, so it's been a good pre-season so far!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
Dang!!! KC 0-3 preseason. It's only preseason, it's only preseason, it's only preseason
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-28-2011, 7:07 AM Reply   
Well Dallas wins 23-17.But the defense still looks suspect.I'm still waiting to make my predictions till next week.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
Wow, Seattle looked like garbage. Hopefully it is just the preseason but I have a feeling Seattle is going to be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. I would rather sacrafice one season to get Luck.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-29-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
After 3 weeks of preason I'm thinking Arizona is the West winner, StL close behind, Hawks and 9ers fighting for Luck... Alex Smith is a such a turd.

Patriots looked pretty ugly against the Lions
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-01-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
Locker is looking like a stud against the Saints.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-02-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Arizona will have its hands full when the Rams come to town! 4-0 In the preseason, but more importantly, the starters left the field with a lead in all but one of those games. Rams had 3 really solid games in the preseason and if they can get through the first half of their schedule with a few wins, there will be nothing stopping them.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
Finally...!

The first regular season game tonight!

PIcking Green Bay over the Pats.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2011, 2:31 PM Reply   
You mean over the Saints I'm sure
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2011, 2:31 PM Reply   
Niners over the Seahawks on Sunday too
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2011, 5:53 PM Reply   
Oh come on!

I throw bait out there like that and only one person bothers to correct me???

Hawks will dominate!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-10-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Willis and Smith are going to destroy Tavaris Jackson! Niners offense might not put up big numbers, but they will put up more than the Hawks.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-11-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
TODAY IS THE DAY ! WOOOT!

So many good games - thank god for Sunday Ticket!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-11-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
Rams open the season with a nationally televised game. Gotta love that!! Don't worry, Seachickens. I'm sure you'll have a national game next week!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
Hawks are taking the Niners down today!

Watching Dave's Rammies, looking forward to seeing Bradford in action today. Hopefully Jackson isn't out already.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
Holy cow!

Not a good day for the Rams.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-11-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hawks are taking the Niners down today!
Tap the brakes! Two returns in 70 seconds!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-11-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
Six of the Rams top seven players get injured. That game started out beautiful and ended sooo ugly. Bring on Terrell Owens!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2011, 7:08 PM Reply   
Week one in the NFL.Eagles soar,Grossman delivers,Cutler shines,Big ben sucks and Steeler defense looks old.Can the Colts win without Peyton?Cam Newton looks good even in a loss.49ers know how to get Ginn going,Detroit wins,San Diego finally gets a fast start,but still has special teams woes.Jaguars eek one out over the Titans and the Bills crush the Chiefs.More later.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-11-2011, 8:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Six of the Rams top seven players get injured. That game started out beautiful and ended sooo ugly. Bring on Terrell Owens!
Moss is still "retired" too.

Cam Newton huh?! Was it for real or was it a fluke?!!!?

Colts look like ****, not just Payton being gone, 100% of their team looked awful.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
Dallas found a way to lose with a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter.First time in franchise history.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 5:22 AM Reply   
The Jets didn't beat the Cowboys, Romo did.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2011, 5:41 AM Reply   
Romo didn't have to win it,but he thought he had to make up for the fumble.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
Im pretty sure there was some ignorant play calling by Red Jesus in there too. Let's throw the ball 3 times on 1st and goal at the 3 yard line, which is what lead to the Romo fumble. Who doesn't run that?
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 6:09 AM Reply   
Cam Newton... hahaha

When you run 8 rushing plays all game it's not that hard to hit 400 passing yds.

The W goes to Kolb and the Cards. That a boy KK!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-12-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
The cowboys looked great, except Romo. He is the worst. Nothing like watching Vick in the morning and be amazed at his abilities and than watch Romo make error after error and than laugh about it, to realize how he sucks. Yhea Arizona looked good. Should be a good year.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-12-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
When you run 8 rushing plays all game it's not that hard to hit 400 passing yds.
True if you've played before - but for a first NFL game ever... not to shabby. NFC West was a nice first game for the "feel good" entry to the league though. Do I think he can do it again next week against the Packers - Hell No! ... Clay Matthews is going to give him a true welcoming to the NFL
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Clay Matthews is going to give him a true welcoming to the NFL
HEARD THAT! Matthews is a beast! He is the one that gave Kolb the concussion last year and ultimately got Vick his starting job back.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2011, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hawks scratched their way back into the game then gave it away with lousy special teams play. Tavaris looked awful the first half but showed signs of ability in the second. It'll be interesting to see how we fair in Pittsburgh after their performance yesterday. We might have a chance if our O line starters show up.

Last edited by seattle; 09-12-2011 at 8:08 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-12-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
"Seattle vs. San Fran - We begin our dominance of the NFC West with a stomping of Niners."

Nice prediction.
Old     (rt360)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"Seattle vs. San Fran - We begin our dominance of the NFC West with a stomping of Niners."

Nice prediction.
Next up seattle gets a pissed off pittsburgh team.What will happen there?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-12-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
#92 is going to kill T-Jack.... Pay the fine and kill the backup before half.... and I hate the steelers.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-12-2011, 7:39 PM Reply   
According to the answer key above provided by Cliff, they "get the monkey off our back and finally beat Pittsburgh." I'll keep an eye out for that!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2011, 2:57 AM Reply   
Starting this week, I am going to put 20 on Cliff's picks. But I am going to take the opposite pick, regardless of the point spread. I would be up 20 after Week 1.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-16-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
It's Friday night.Where's the SMACK?Who's going to DOMINATE who?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
PAckers are going to murder the Panthers... Cam Newton throws for 225 yards, 1 td, 4 picks... welcome to the nfl

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the Seahawks to beat the Steelers, but no way in hell that is actually going to happen.

Hopefully the Saints can knock-off the bears, I hate the bears.

Oakland goes 2-0
San Fran plays well and Romo is Romo 9ers have a chance