Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    mango_wake            03-15-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
What do you think is a better binding. I've never been on the Boss bindings. I have a CWB Board w/Hyperlite PARKS Bindings. Should I stick with the PARKS or get the BOSS?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
I prefer the Zeus over the Boss, but that's just because I like a ton of support. The Boss is a fair amount more flexible for pokes and such. Personally I feel the CWB bindings are second to none, they are so light and so comfortable and just overall rock. I'd upgrade to CWB if I were you.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-15-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
I wore Parks last year and now I'm riding Zeus Bindings this year. They DO NOT compare. CWB makes some of the best binding out there by far. I would NEVER go back to the Parks again. The Zeus are some comfy and hold my foot better. The Boss have the same footbed. For a wider foot I would go for the Boss, for a narrow foot I would get the Zeus.
Old    jetgofish            03-15-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
Doah I hate that....

Okay...let's try this one more time!

I've tried the Parks and Boss's on at the same time (one on one foot, one on the other foot) By far the Boss's had better fit and the lacing system was nicer.

I then moved to the Zues's vs. the Boss's. Again the fit and feel of the Boss's was much more better than that of the Zues's. I've been riding the Boss's for 3 weeks now and find them to fit like a slipper and even forget that I have them on while riding!! My opinion go for the Boss's. What the rep told me was that the Zuess's have not changed over last years model and the Boss's even though are cheaper are a better binding.

Hit Verticalmove.com for excellent service and pricing.

Good Luck
Old    jetgofish            03-15-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Jon, don't you mean the opposite, I found the Zuess's to have a wider footbed (I'm female with a small foot size 7.5) and the Boss's to have a narrow foot bed. When I tried the Zuess's on my foot slopped side to side, where when I tried the Boss's I was as snug as a bug in a rug!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
Watch for next years, they are to be soo nice.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-15-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
I had the parks and switched to the boss as well...so much more comfortable,durable, and better lace wise...
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-16-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Actually I meant what I put. The Boss binding sinches down from the top. That is better for a wider foot. The zeus sinches from the sides, better for a narrow foot.
Old    jetgofish            03-16-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
Jon, I found just the opposite. Even noticed the opening at the toe was narrower on the Boss's than on the Zues's, but no need to argue...two people with two different opinions. My roommate has the Zues's and I have the Boss's, did a little comparision on them last night. Flexability on the Boss's was greater than the Zues, making pokes and grabs a little easier! I personally didn't like the feel of the Zues's, but as we all can see every one is different!

Mango_Tom, you go with what feels best for you!

Good Luck
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-16-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about sticking with what I got r and get next years Boss's cause I want to get one more season out of my Parks. Seems like the Boss's are kickass bindings!
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-16-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Jetgofish/Teri,

Sorry about my last post. That sounded a little snappy. I didn't intend for it to. Our CWB rep came in and described how each binding is different for each foot. I went and tried both and I see what he is saying. You can see how the binding reacts when you pull on the laces.
Old    jetgofish            03-16-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Jon, thanks for the apology but personally it's the internet and I take things in stride! No harm taken...I never thought about comparing the bindings how you did...good point...I have a small foot and found the Boss's to fit me differently!