Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-03-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have a Kenwood KTS-MP400MR (the kenwood that a lot of boats have) and the button (CD/CH) that switches it to receive the aux input has stopped working. The radio is not very old, but not under warranty anymore. I hate to replace the whole stereo to get the one button to work. I am wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, or if there is a workaround to somehow otherwise select the aux input. Thanks much.
Attached Images

Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       07-03-2011, 5:57 PM Reply   
Maybe find an RF remote for it on eBay if it's compatible with one?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-05-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
The hardwired remote should have a button to perfomr the same function. If not, those HU's are really cheap...under $100.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-05-2011, 8:29 PM Reply   
Todd give me a call I'll hook you up with mine for $25.00+ ship cost.Everything still works on it I just upgraded to the Kenwood KMR-700U.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-05-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
Did you try the reset button?
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2011, 11:40 PM Reply   
mine is having the exact same problem. i have to unplug the accessory plug from the back. then it works, but says disc changer. as soon as you turn the power off it malfunctions again. ugh
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2011, 11:42 PM Reply   
i dont think it is the stereo, but the aux input device. why would both yours and mine die within a few weeks of each other? mine died after my 13 y/o son pushed a bunch of buttons on the front i believe, trying to do something. i've unplugged the power cords, hit the reset. nothing fixes it permanently.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-13-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Whoops...missed some posts on here.

I tried the reset button. Also tried to unplug the accessory plug and switch the input with no luck.

I have found that the button does work (well it beeps now), but doesn't change the input.

John I agree it may be something with the input device, but I haven't gotten mine to work at all. Such a strange issue!
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-17-2011, 7:42 PM Reply   
I was able to get it working like John did above, but only once.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
I have this same problem. Just experienced it the last two times I've been out. The source/tuner button isn't working to allow me to switch to AUX to play my music threw my phone, very annoying.

Sent with my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typos.