Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    poppap            03-16-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
The wakeboard camp in Clermont, Florida is without a doubt the best camp i have ever attended. The setup here is sweet and the coaches and staff are awesome. Everyone here is really friendly and are really helpful and bring out the best in each rider. The meals were great and the sleeping accomadations were solid. I had a great week and completely intend on coming back next year. Any skill level here can come and are guaranteed a great week. Thanks to everyone that works there.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-16-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Mike - how many camps have you been to?
Old    poppap            03-16-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
I have been to six now. How about yourself.
Old    walt            03-16-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Who was your coach ?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Never heard anything bad about the wakeboard camp & I'm sure it's a good camp, but about 4 years ago we had a day to kill before I dropped my son off for another Florida camp we stop by O'town to kill some time and met Glen Fletcher, It was poring rain but Glen asked Alex if he wanted to ride a set, I think he was about 11 at the time. So a 1/2 hour later he has landed 3 of the 4 new trick goals that he had on his list for the other week long camp!!! My son has never wanted to go any place but O'town since that day and has been coached by Glen, Brad & and Kyle for the last 4 years. Thats just my experience & I've been in the boat for many sessions & Glen just has a special way to get through to his students. My 2 cents about Florida wake camps.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
Check out the reviews on these camps at these two links

http://www.dcwake.com/content/view/65/34/

http://www.dcwake.com/content/view/60/34/

Wakeboard camp, Otown, Orlando wakeboard academy, Projects, Dean lavelle all reviewed from the same perspective of the same rider.
Old    poppap            03-17-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
My coaches were Kyle Schmidt, Amber Wing, Chad Lowe, Ben Greenwood, Aaron Reed and Kurt Robertson. They were all sick. They bring you back to the basics and make you more of a complete rider. The wakeboard camp is all by itself on the beautiful Lake Minneola. We always had calm water no matter which direction the wind was blowing.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Dude you are lucky. None of them were there when I was there in October. Kyle was for the first morning then had to fly to Spain.

Money well spent Mike.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-17-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
I have been to zero, except for a little instruction from Brent Baum at Socal Wakeboard Instruction. Learned 3 new tricks in one set.
Old    poppap            03-17-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
what tricks were those?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-17-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
ts front, crow, ts backroll.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-17-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
Kyle Schmidt is a coaching god.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-17-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
I rode with Kurt and Ben back in 2001, unreal then and probably 2x as good now! Kurt has a HUGE Indy-Tantrum, gotta be 20ft off the D-up back then...sick riding!

...oh and Glen Fletcher was a coach at TWC then too!
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-19-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
I recently went to The Wakeboard Camp for 2 sets one afternoon. I was down in Orlando for spring break, wanted to ride, flipped through the phonebook and saw them in there. They made space for me to ride the next day. They had all the gear there for me to use at no extra cost. I had no real intentions of learning any new tricks, I just wanted to get out and ride while I was there. Kyle showed me how to improve all my tricks and to make them easier to build on. I also landed my first ts frontroll and also came very close on several roll to reverts. Kyle's coaching abilities and understanding of the sport are absolutely amazing. I have never attended any other camp before, but have gone to several clinics at local lakes. The clinics cannot compare to my experience at The Wakeboard Camp. I will deffinitley be going back.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
i agree...glen fletcher is a super cool guy and great instructor.
Old     (otown)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-22-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
Joe, thanks for the kind words. Stop in and say hello next time your in town. Randy, as always its great working with Alex! Thanks as well for the praise. See you tommorrow on the dock. Glen
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
Never road at O-Town but I've been there a few times with friends that live in Orlando and Glen was a totally nice guy. There was a nice tramp set up at the end of a dock and normally some nice sliders. However when I was there Orlando had just gotten done with back-to-back hurricanes and the second floor was being renovated. As far as camps that I know... Orlando Wakeboard Camp with Sean O'Brien is the most down to earth and fun camp, even more so for the money! It is the closest your going to find to spending the day on the water with a boat full of friends cutting up and having fun. With one big difference in that your going to get top of the line coaching!