Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2010, 9:54 PM Reply   
Just seeing how many PA people are on this site. The wakeboarding scene is very small around here but i figured theres got to be a few of you on here. Post up some pics. Wheres everyone ride at?

Finaly decent enough to ride without a wetsuit/drysuit. Got out this weekend on the Shenango in western PA. Air was 80/water was about 60ish

-Andrew
Attached Images

Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-07-2010, 5:36 AM Reply   
I ride eastern PA allentown, easton, bethlehem area. actually in florida riding now riding cable so cant post any pics since they are on my external hard drive, but my spot is pretty sick. Nice boat.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-07-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
Since it's right on The Delaware River boarder, a lot of PA riders come to the annual New Jersey Wakefest every year. http://www.njwakefest.com/
Have you hooked-up with these guys? http://www.wakeboardpittsburgh.com/
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
Ya I check out the wakeboardpittsburgh site once and awhile. Im an hour and a half north of pitt so i dont ride down there. Mainly ride the shenango and latonka.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-07-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
Do you guys get out with Dave Bass? He is my old riding buddy but last I heard he was in Pittsburgh.
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-07-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Alans, yeah we ride with Dave all the time.

Andrew, nice boardshots!

Alex's New Jersey Wakefest is a lot of fun. We went last year and had a great time - http://www.wakeboardpittsburgh.com/new-jersey-wakefest/

We have a little over 90 people from Western PA, Ohio and West Virginia on the Wakeboard Pittsburgh Facebook site that we just set up. Hopefully we can all get together for a meet and greet sometime soon. http://www.facebook.com/wakeboardpittsburgh
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-07-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
Not in PA, but I ride Cheat Lake in West Virginia. I've been on the lake all last week and had a lot of good water! I just moved out here from Colorado, so I'm still trying to find out about all the different places to ride.

Last edited by ryand121; 05-07-2010 at 6:49 PM.
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-13-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Ryan, I think I am heading your way over the memorial day weekend. I will be camping on the Round Bottom land just southwest of Morgantown on the Mon River. It is a pretty cool set up. 7 miles of river with no public boat access.
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-13-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
I ride at lake wallenpaupack in the Poconos with a few friends...anyone else from there?
Old     (tbb1798)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-15-2010, 6:39 PM Reply   
paulh....where do you ride at in a-town...
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-16-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
yeh where? i live in atown but have to drive up to lake wally to ride
Old     (smwill214)      Join Date: May 2010       05-17-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Mike,

I am in Morristown... you looking for a third at all?
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
tbb1798, Mike, and Scott,

I live in NJ and ride in easton PA. I am always looking for more ppl to ride with either on my boat or on theirs. I ride behind a I/Oso getting behind an inboard is always a treat. I stay away from Lake Wally and Beltzville due to the crowds i.e. crap water. I found a spot on the river where its pretty much always glass and protected from wind. Hopefully we can get together and ride together. Feel free to PM to ride sometime.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-19-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
I was from Lebanon (near Hershey). I relocated to Houston, TX about 5 years ago to extend my riding season. I have friends up there that still ride when they can. Near Reading and Altoona. Glad to see a few PA peeps riding up there. Stay Warm!
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-21-2010, 6:15 AM Reply   
A little PA wakeboard news... It looks like Aaron Rathy & Clayton Underwood are coming to Erie, PA for a Demo/Instructional day on Monday, June 21. We don't really get a lot of Pro riders coming to our area, so this is awesome.

http://www.wakeboardpittsburgh.com/e...eboard-clinic/
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-21-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
paulh, do you ride right by the rt 33 bridge? I have heard that stretch of the river is good. I live in Flemington and just sold my house on Wally, so looking for local places to splash the Tige. How deep and safe is it for an inboard? Be happy to give it a shot one night with someone who knows the water.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-22-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
hey Gavin. I think we may have actually met at one of the wakefest a few years back, don't hold me to that though. Yea thats where I ride. Its a super nice stretch, really protected by the trees, so usually the only other chop is from other boats pulling tubers and running up and down the river for no good reason. Its narrow, which plays into its calm water but is a real pain if someone wants to pass you while you are pulling a rider. Its a free ramp, but there is no dock so its good to be able to have a 2 person team to drive the boat off the trailer and have someone go park the trailer. There is a shallow near the ramp, which does not affect anything at the ramp, but when idling to the stretch that you can ride at you should go to the opposite side of the ramp. I've seen depths range from 4'-14' on my depth sounder, The stretch I ride in I see 6-14. I've seen multiple inboards in there. I'd be happy to guide you out there one day. Just let me know when.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-24-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
paul, I may have met you at one, last year was the first I missed, the first two I had my boat there, big blue Tige 24v. Where do you live exactly? I'm in Flemington and depending on work schedules, maybe hit that stretch one night after work. Otherwise, I will be hitting up Florence a good amount this summer, once I get the boat out of shrinkwrap, been a bad spring
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-25-2010, 5:58 AM Reply   
Gavin, sent you a pm with some details. Let me know what works for you.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
bump this post up. Lehigh Valley people anyone looking to get together and ride at all. The warm weather is here.
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
I grew up on Shenango!! I towed my Super Air up there from Florida a few years back and was the ONLY wakeboard boat on the lake!! I miss that lake and the campgrounds! There is nothing in Florida like it.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-24-2010, 10:09 PM Reply   
I'm in the Pittsburgh area and have my SAN 210 in the downtown pool, and ride with Dave Bass and Kyle all the time. I went to H.S. in Allentown, where does everyone in eastern PA ride? I moved from Wisconsin to Allentown in H.S. with family, we ended up selling our boat because water was so busy in the area. So curious where you guys find flat water.

Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-24-2010, 10:10 PM Reply   
I'm from the Philly area but i do pretty much all my riding on Deep Creek Lake in western MD. We keep the boat down there and are only there three weeks out of the summer :/ I occasionally ride at the jersey shore with one of my buddies though.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
We have a decent riding spot......it's right between PA and NJ

Name:  waterproof camera pics summer 2008 007.jpg
Views: 2960
Size:  34.1 KB
Old     (Anubis79)      Join Date: May 2010       06-29-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
What sort of camera did you use to get that photo Dave?!? I totally want to try that next time I'm out.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-30-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
Just a waterproof disposable camera, non-digital purchased from the drug store. They work pretty well if you can hold it real steady (notice my pic is a bit blurred)
Old     (azimme3)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-14-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
Ryan, (or anyone)

Anyone riding in western PA / pittsburgh area? I live in Murrysville and work downtown. We launch around lock 3 and trailer to crooked creek, milton, yough lake, cheat, tigert etc.. just have a regal 220 I/O though. Would be amazing to tag along with anyone that can put up some real wake. Progression gets kind of limited without a tower haha.
Old     (Kipster1203)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-23-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiddiet View Post
I'm in the Pittsburgh area and have my SAN 210 in the downtown pool, and ride with Dave Bass and Kyle all the time. I went to H.S. in Allentown, where does everyone in eastern PA ride? I moved from Wisconsin to Allentown in H.S. with family, we ended up selling our boat because water was so busy in the area. So curious where you guys find flat water.

There's a couple real nice flat areas around the point, one is past the westminster bridge and the other is up the mon. You just have to get out there either real early or around 6/7 oclock at night to get some nice flats.

Old     (Anubis79)      Join Date: May 2010       07-23-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimme3 View Post
Ryan, (or anyone)

Anyone riding in western PA / pittsburgh area? I live in Murrysville and work downtown. We launch around lock 3 and trailer to crooked creek, milton, yough lake, cheat, tigert etc.. just have a regal 220 I/O though. Would be amazing to tag along with anyone that can put up some real wake. Progression gets kind of limited without a tower haha.
How often do you hit Crooked Creek? Might have seen you out there and not even known it. That's the only place I ride anymore. There's been a lot of wake boats out there recently, and quite a few wakeboarders with normal boats as well. Bunch of nice guys with a Mastercraft with a tower and stereo, a Supreme with a tower, as well as another one with a tower but I forget the company. I've got a blue Nautique 2001, no tower yet though. Winter project as soon as I find one that looks good but doesn't break the bank.
Old     (dylanjustice41)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-09-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
Anybody riding out in the Harrisburg/eastern PA area? Really need to make some friends. Moved out there for work and can't find anyone who rides.
Also just posted a thread about a pull.
hit me up
Dylanjustice41@gmail.com

Dylan
Old     (Tlsmilo)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-12-2016, 5:59 PM Reply   
Hi !!! Looking to be a third or part of a crew for wake boarding tomorrow July 13, 2016!! I'm in Erie, pa through the week !! Call or text Traci Smilo 740 502 4044
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2016, 12:58 PM Reply   
Yeah PA! We ride on the Rancocas Creek in NJ (about 20 minutes from Center City Philly), and lately have been wandering up the Delaware to the bar at Curtains Marina and riding on the narrow strip behind Burlington Island. (Note: If you ride behind the island, you gotta make sure you're completely legal (observer, flag, registration, etc., because there's a NJ Marine Police Station right there.)