Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-31-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
I have finally talked my wife into "investing" in a new boat. We are going to our local Malibu and Matercraft dealer today. Any advice as far as questions I should be asking the dealers?

P.S. This is an honest question. I'm not looking for "boat bashing!"
Old     (bakerds)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-31-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
Take your time and do your homework. You need to determine what price you want to pay and then find the best boat(fits your family needs)for the money. Take a look at the Nautigue and Tige dealer also. I was in your position last year and ended up with a Tige. Have them all meet you at Elsinore for test drives on the same day to compare.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-31-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
Congratulations on getting this far. I think David said it well about checking them all....driving, riding etc. I would add the "Dealer" factor into the equation. Some are good while others are just down right crap.

good luck
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-31-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. I will post some pics when we finally make our decission.
Old    dliguori            07-31-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Brad I though you're supposed to make money on an investment not piss it away, JK. HEY FOR REALS - Be very cautious of Tige' in Corona. They will blow smoke up your butt and then when you have problems, and you will have problems, they don't warranty anything. Some people in this forum have had good experiences with them but I haven't had one. Good luck with the new "Investment"!
Old    dliguori            07-31-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Oh yeah! Look into malibu. A friend of mine has one and loves it. Also, a guy I used to work with used to work for Malibu in manufacturing and he swears by Malubu's quality!!!

(Message edited by dliguori on July 31, 2004)
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-31-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
Thanks Daniel. Funny thing is that you are not the first person to express that opinion about Tige' in Corona. FYI the term "Investment" refers to my sons future career as a pro wakeboarder. I used that to sell my wife on the concept of a new boat.
Old    kiwi            07-31-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
Jeez, never tried that angle before.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-31-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
genius convencement angle!
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-31-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
I'm partial to Malibus, but it is much more important to pick a dealer that will take care of you after the sale and delivery is made rather than the brand of boat.

I would absolutely take every boat you're interested in for a test ride as well.
Old    dliguori            07-31-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
Yeah, hey that's not just a great way of spinning it to your wife, it just might be true! I've never heard of someone going pro without a boat. Now you just need to talk your wife into a house on a lake! Man, what I wouldn't do to be able to just walk out my back door and go riding! ONE DAY........
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
Andrew Adkison went pro w/o ever owning a boat I believe? But yeah.....get your kids to go pro and take care of you when you're old! well...maybe they'll be making enuf $ by then?

Oh, and since you're in Cali...you may want to give a Sanger a try. The v210 sure does make a nice wake..and the V215 is a much deeper boat if you wan the higher sides for the little ones.......