Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
Hey Tech(ies)
I just recently attached a wirless antenna to my PC and moved it to another room in the house. After re plugging in all the cables. I turned on the unit, and everything works fine, but no sound. i tried disconnecting everything and doing a re start, but to no avail. Any ideas what may have happened, or what I need to do?
Thanks
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-27-2012, 9:39 PM Reply   
Are there speakers built into the computer?
or
Where you using a plug like a headphone cord to get the sound to external speakers?

Off the top of my head:
1. Check the sound connection (plug), is it in the headphone jack and not the microphone jack?
2. Plug some headphones in and see if they work.
3. Is the volume muted? Open the volume control by clicking on the speaker icon usually in the lower right of your screen. If it has a red circle with a slash next to it, then your computer is muted. Click on the speaker and then click on the volume control to adjust. Your volume might be all of the way down too, use the same volume control to adjust up.
4. Does your computer have an external volume control that is all of the way off?
5. Does your computer have a physical mute button, is that on?
6. If you have external speakers, are they powered and on the right input to get sound from the PC?

From simple things above you get into system restores and drivers.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Thanks Sean;
They are external speakers that just plug into the jack in the back of the computer. Speaker power is on, and they work when plugged into my laptop, so its not the speakers. Mute button is off, and volume is all the way up.
Should I try restoring the whole thing to an earlier date? That always scared me a bit.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-28-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaks View Post
Thanks Sean;
They are external speakers that just plug into the jack in the back of the computer. Speaker power is on, and they work when plugged into my laptop, so its not the speakers. Mute button is off, and volume is all the way up.
Should I try restoring the whole thing to an earlier date? That always scared me a bit.
I have never done a restore

I *guess* that the driver install that might occurred with your antenna install messed things up.

Have you checked to see if there is a driver issue?
-- Click on the Windows/Start button
-- Type in the search box: Device
-- Click on Device Manager
-- Sound, video and game controllers
Is there a yellow triangle?