Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    texaswake214            12-16-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
ok I'm getting a new board soon but I need help picking one. I'm 5'9" about 160 and I guess I'm an intermediate rider.

I've been looking at the 2010 LF Watson classic, and the 2010 Ronix One, but I've never ridden a 3 stage so that makes me a little nervous. I just want something that I can improve on a lot over the next few years cause Im gonna spend a lot more time on the water now that we have a new boat.

I'm open to any other suggestions on boards/boots so just let me know what you think would be a good fit for me (preferably a 2010 model, I want to save a little cash)
Old     (kruiserkat)      Join Date: May 2010       12-16-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
I have ridden bolth boards and like them bolth. The one is very fast and responsive, but imo dosen't pop you like the watson. Something about the watson that just pitches you up. I would ride them bolth if you can. I went from a progressive straight to the watson and man what a difference, then tried the one after I had rode the watson alot and still prefered the watson. You will like either one after riding them for awhile. Just a preference thing. Make sure you get good bindings because bolth boards will launch you higher and farther. Just my 2. BTW i'm no pro.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-16-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
What board do you ride now and what would you change about it to suit your style?
Old    texaswake214            12-17-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
I have a really old hyperlite fluid 137. I want something more responsive and with more pop off the wake. Also what length do you think i should get? Stay around a 138ish or go up to around 140/142?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-17-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
C,
I think you'll notice a positive improvement with either of those two boards as they both have great features. A board I want to note in the Ronix line that you may like would be the 09/10 shape of the VIVA. It's a great ride and comes in a 140 which would work great for you. It's continuous-hybrid rocker will also give you more boot without taking you into uncharted territory for you by going to a 3-stage. Just a thought. I love mine.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-17-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
In my experience and learning to ride and watching tons of people learn to ride I would recommend a demo of each board first to see exactly how you like it. They both are very aggressive 3 stage rockers and will boot you with a bucking pop. It takes time to get used to this and you must hit the wake right every time otherwise I get bucked off axis myself riding the Watson. I'm looking to switch from my Watson and I really liked the s4 because it is very similar to the Watson but has a more mellow rocker but still gets very similar pop. I also really liked the witness you can hit the wake and always get a consistent pop. I've also rode slighshot and had so much fun on them the board feels alive under your feet.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-17-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Consider a Waston Hybrid. Best board I have ridden. it has the benefits of a flex board and a traditional board. Everyone who takes it for a set seems to love it.