Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
I kind of came up the trailer a little hot my last time out. Now my boat buddy won't stay set. It will stay in the safety position but it won't stay in the set position. Any ideas how I can try and fix it? I tried searching for the manufacture website but didn't find one.

Thanks.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-02-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
You probably bent your pin on your Boat buddy..... Sometimes it just takes a little oil to get it going again, but depends how bad you hit it.....
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
is there a way to check or should i just load it up with WD40??
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-02-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
if you look at the pin and the back plate you should be able to tell.... move it back and forth and look close.... if you can't really tell I would hit it with some wd40..... might just be easier to get a new boat buddy.... if the oil is working it will probably only work temporarily...
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-02-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
Ive had some boat buddy issues myself...if you look at the pin and its off-set, which mine cause it not to stay in the "set" posistion, I took a hammer and wacked at it until it was realigned, worked well for me. Not sure if that's the same issue you might be having.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
I can pull the pin to the set position but it seems like the plastic is in the way and it doesn't set all the way in the position. It releases when I roll over a small bump backing down the ramp ...... I might try the hammer approach also.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Thank God for boat buddies. I love that thing. back up, drive on, click. "GO!" off the ramp in 30 seconds flat.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
No kidding. I mean they aren't a necessity but they sure are nice when you have one!!!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
A couple of things...

If the pin is bent... just use pliers and compress the spring and pull the pin out and put the pin in a vice and straighten it.

The other thing I have seen happed... is there is a little tab on the main pin... which when the backing plate is hit.. this little tab releases and the pin sets... I have seen that little tabe break off... if so... just pull the pin out.. go to welding shop and get them to but a dab of weld on it.. then grind it to fit... if you get them to do it.. it will cost the same amount as buying a new boat buddy.. they are not expensive...

Good luck.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
I just ordered a new boat buddy. $105 after shipping/handling/tax. Mine wasn't working quite right. I think the pin was slightly bent. Tried straightening it, it worked OK, but not quite right. Was binding up a lot. Recently noticed one of the two springs that trigger the pin to release was missing. Just ordered a complete new boat buddy II. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0001975011046a&type=product&cmCat=SEAR CH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=boat+buddy&N=4887&Ntk=Produ cts&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=boat+buddy&noImage =0