Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-30-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
It is going on right now on ustream and www.wake9.com/live

Live broadcasting by Ustream
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-31-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
great job ragboy, go wake9!
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-31-2011, 7:40 PM Reply   
So someone post the results...
I know Open Mens Surf was
1 Chase
2 James
3 Chris

And mens Skim was
1 Keenan
2 ...
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-31-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
the wake9 logo/splash is "a wave the entire family can catch."

That's false advertising.

Plain and simple.
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-31-2011, 8:58 PM Reply   
Yeah Baby, that wave should be "Outlawed"
i know how you feel man!
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-31-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymc261 View Post
Yeah Baby, that wave should be "Outlawed"
i know how you feel man!
Quick!

Duck!

Something just flew over your head!
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-31-2011, 9:31 PM Reply   
BS, if you only knew what was flying,... i hate haters..BA
False ad??? dont you feel like a retard saying that?
get a grip...
surfing is fun for my "entire family" until i get on to this site.
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-31-2011, 10:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymc261 View Post
BS, if you only knew what was flying,... i hate haters..BA
False ad??? dont you feel like a retard saying that?
get a grip...
surfing is fun for my "entire family" until i get on to this site.
Reality check time...

"a wave the entire family can catch" is false advertising when the dad is so grotesquely enormous that he can barely flop into the boat let alone wakesurf.

Just the facts...
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2011, 7:00 AM Reply   
Why the ragboy hate Cipher?
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-01-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
Cipher. I certainly hope the moderators remove you from the membership. I don't believe an 88 year old rapscallion has any business posting on a wakesurfing forum.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-01-2011, 7:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Reality check time...

"a wave the entire family can catch" is false advertising when the dad is so grotesquely enormous that he can barely flop into the boat let alone wakesurf.

Just the facts...
Ouch dude. That is a pretty nasty thing to say to anyone. People have feelings.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       08-01-2011, 11:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffymahoney View Post
Ouch dude. That is a pretty nasty thing to say to anyone. People have feelings.
I agree with Duffy and the others!

Ragboy is a pretty cool dude and doesn't deserve this kind of hate.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2011, 1:56 AM Reply   
Just back from 13 hour drive home. Its all good, I literally have thick skin. It bothers me no more than when a mosquito buzzes my ear, I either brush it away or pinch the life out of it between my thumb an index finger and give it no more thought, and move on with my day.

I am extremely proud of my family and the job they did. No hired hands, this was all my wife and kids. RJ is my partner and everything went great. The folks at the NWWSA are like brothers and sisters from other mothers. Also thanks to Dennis for his help, he is pretty much family at this point.

I think we are at the point now to start helping other grass roots events to show wakesurfing to the world.
Old     (Elite95)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-02-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   
Robert and his family did a great job at NWWSA. I really appreciate everything that he does for the sport and to help others around the country. He really did a fantastic job this weekend!

Thanks Robert and the entire Garcia Family!
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-02-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the work Garcia's
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
Thats a great picture Jeff, you have to email me the original. I should probably do some kind of thought bubble contest with that pic. Also, you can see that Bad Arse Inland Surfer van that Jeff has to the right of me. That thing is a beast, I dig it.
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-02-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
Was great ragboy! i really wish i could have been there, but feel like i was watching the feed. It is great what you are doing and thanks again for letting us use your equipment at "Wake the Desert"! I feel like i know you after watching all of your videos over the years and having a Tige and riding goofy like i do helps that. Chris is always telling me stuff about you and i love how you are such a family man and have such a love for the sport of wakesurfing and combine those 2 things so well!!!
PS. OH! and thax for that "Live" shout out during the contest to me in Abilene, home on Tige! that was great!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2011, 10:46 AM Reply   
No problem Scott, we had fun and look forward to meeting you sometime soon. Its funny, people do feel like they get to know us with the videos and then come up to talk to us like we are old friends. I can be so forgetful, that I wonder, "Am I supposed to know this person?". Kinda funny.

Keep rippin on that RZ2.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-02-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
robert is definetly one of the greatest out there who continue to push and promote the sport and its riders and its community thorugh his and his entire families devotion to the sport for the benefit of us all!!!!

its hard to thank them enough for everything that they do and also all the people who put on all these events for us to go to and have a BLAST at!!

lil insider bit " just want to make it to the big table someday " nothing but love to the Garcias!!
Old     (Elite95)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-02-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
lil insider bit " just want to make it to the big table someday "

Now that was funny.....I just fell out of my chair laughing. Frank, next time you should get the head chair at the big table.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-02-2011, 6:11 PM Reply   
Ok, Dennis a little lower.....Now to the left a little.....Ah yes, that's the spot right there....
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2011, 11:42 PM Reply   
Haha, that made me laugh out loud. That is funny. He was massing my "love" handles. ;-)
Old     (RayRay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-03-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
I would like to thank Ragboy and the Garcia's, for doing all they do for wakesurfing. They are the best and great job last weekend.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2011, 11:36 AM Reply   
Your welcome, we will keep doing it as long as we are having fun!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
The official results are posted and we will be posting the podium video first today, then start on the runs by class. We should have at least 1 or 2 classes up tonight. We will be doing the classes in order they went at the event.
Old     (wake9whit)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-03-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
I can't believe I have to go on here and also make it a point to visit wake9.com to figure out whats going on in the wake surfing world. Nuts!!! Oh well. love you dad!!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
For those of you reading, wondering why whitney would talk to me through a post, whitney moved out of the house yesterday. She is starting her 3rd year at chico state. Sniff.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
GO WHITNEY !!! Be safe.
Old     (wake9whit)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-03-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
Safe is my middle name Greg!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2011, 12:37 AM Reply   
It was a great turnout, and lots of riders. The Amateur Female video is 4 parts on its own. We just posted a bunch more. The Open Skim Prelim is a must see. Keenan's runs were both amazing to watch, at least for me. That kid just makes it look so easy. Fun to watch. RJ (the editor) is on a camping trip but will be back and have the rest finished by Wed. Evening.