Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
How do the tower lights mount on the illusion. I pulled out the plugs in mine and there are not threaded holes, just a .5 inch hole.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-15-2009, 10:33 PM Reply   
Well I installed DIY lights on my tower, cost me $35 for 4 and everybody things they cost me ten times more! I bought 4 chrome off road driving lights at wal-mart( I know i'm going to get blasted for this one) and then I bought 4 drywall anchor screws the ones that butter fly open and installed the lights with them. I'm sure the stock lights have a fancier mounting system but my lights have been up since the begining of the season and I haven't had any problems they work great!
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-15-2009, 11:14 PM Reply   
nice robert as long as it works
I got the titan lights with the tower
you need a special tool to expand the mounting bolt into the tower pretty easy with the tool
pain in the ass without it
dealer let me use it for a day
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-15-2009, 11:16 PM Reply   
hey robert
what percentage of tint did you use?
and price to install
looks good
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-15-2009, 11:47 PM Reply   
As for the lights they work great for loading and when your going slow but you'll find they won't really aid you when driving fast at night!

The tint is limo, dark as I could get. They charged me like $200 to do it but i'm going to pull the windows out and redo it because it looks terrible up close they put a seam in it after they said they wouldn't and now after 3 years the tint has got a weird texture on the inside. Not sure why? I'm just going to strip it off and redo the whole thing myself!

(Message edited by 2006maliblue on June 15, 2009)