Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-25-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
I have been camping at Pedro a couple times this year and there appear to be less people out. I had trouble getting a couple campsites a few months ago when I made the reservations but half the sites were empty. I assume it must be gas and maybe the #@$%^! weather here in Ca. Any one else notice this?
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-25-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
Ya man I went to don pedro for memorial day and to be honest it was DEAD compared to the previous year, but on the other hand the lakes here by my home town in Central Cal have seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Wierd times
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-25-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
All the lakes around me in FL have been jam packed way moreso this summer than last. Everytime I go to ride a herd of jetskis come out right after me. What can you do though, haha seems like I only get butter in the winter time when I'm the only one out there.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Rich I agree with you. I have no Idea why. I figured that the differance between the cheepest gas lets say $3 a gallon and $5 gas its like $60 more per tank of gas. Now is $60 extra dollars gonna keep you off the lake?
Most people I ask this question to say no $60 extra dollars is not gonna keep them off the lake. I dont have a for sure answer.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
but an extra 120 for 2 days plus an extra 5o bucks for the tow vehicle will. So its almost 300 hundo just for gas for the boat and truck. thats a lot
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
I am in Orlando and there have been way more boats out this year and like twice as many PWC as this time last year.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
Nick I guess your right, for all the people that tow yes I didn't think about the extra cost the tow rig throws into the mix. But how many of you think gas is the reason Ca lakes have been slow.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
times like this with gas beeing so expensive i feel lucky to live 300 yards from the delta. it also ensures my desire to never move out of this town. i deffiantely feel for everyone that has to tow to get to the lake. the delta has been only a very slight percent less buisy. ski beach, where everyone goe to party, has still be slammed with 2 rows of boats just about every weekend
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
ant speak for others but for myself with the boat on the lift i only ride when i really feel it instead of going out anytime i have a free hr. But again for me my income is way down to this yr. so its high gas and lower income.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
I love it man, I ride at McClure, and I am happy to pay the extra buck per gallon to keep people off the lake.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2008, 12:46 AM Reply   
isnt it nice:-)