Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
I am a 40 year old intermediate rider in the market for a new board. I weigh 190 lbs and currently ride Neptune DST 144. Pretty old isn't it? I think it might even be made of concrete. I am able to make some two wake jumps with various grabs, and two wake frontside 180's. I can also do some surface slide 180's. I am looking for a new board but unsure whether to get a board with continious rocker or one with 3 stage rocker. Any idea which is going to suit my ability better?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-24-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
either one depending on what kind of style you like... You want more pop, little slower board... go with a 3-stage, if you want a faster board with a more settle pop go with a continiuos rocker.... There are some boards with a continious 3-stage like the liquid force team that is suppose to be best of both worlds... any way you look at it.. demo! and see what fits you best
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 5:38 PM Reply   
Is one style of rocker more stable than the other when landing on the downside of the wake or in the flats?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-24-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
check out the blindside blade...3-stage rocker, and not slow at all! it has huge pop, super soft landings and awesome edge hold.

Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
Looked at that board at the shop and really liked the shape. Wasn't sure if having 4 fins would hurt the surface spins or not.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-24-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
no, it's easy to break free.
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Thanks, I will be doing some off season shopping and this is the leading choice so far.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-24-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
Demo, demo, demo....I'm 50 with a bad knee and ended up with an '03 Belmont...almost got an 04 Byerly but the Belmont had less pop.(better for me)..demo, demo, demo, can't say enough DEMO!
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-25-2004, 5:57 AM Reply   
Blade - $260, end of year close out, very limited quantity. Throw on a set of Stomp or Socket bindings, $360. Shipping extra. I am 40, 220 lbs, and ride the 142 in competition. It is great for controlable pop and soft landings. They really have a winner.

If you don't like it, ship it back to me in perfect condition, I'll refund everything less shipping and $25 (covers CC processing fees, etc.).

rider@boarditup.com