Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-08-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
ive been tryin a scarecrow for the past 2 days and i need to know how to get higher on my ts jumps so i can rotate all the way or how can i rotate fast becuz im not finishing my rotations and am i supposed to stand tall all the way through the rotation or is it alright if i pull my legs to my chest becuz that is what i do naturaly ive been landin on my back and on my board and butt at the same time so i need to rotate faster and get higher advice would be greatly appretiated
Old                08-09-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
someone knows somethin
Old                08-09-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
this is the trick tips right i know there are other threads on the scarecrow but i decided to make my own so its more focused on me so i can get the most help
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-09-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
When I first started I did the same thing. You need to flip first and then rotate. If you leave the wake while twisting you will land on your butt. No one ever told me that - if they had, my butt would look 10 years younger right now. Anyway, try leaving the wake like you were going to a front roll and wait till your 1/2 way to let the board go 180. It's all about how you leave the wake (all inverts are like that - in my opinion). Rip it brah.

Oh yeah, don't pull your legs in, it won't help much but taking off correctly will. If you know how to do a tantrum you should be able to learn it pretty quickly.
Old                08-10-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
thanxs daren so your sayin wait till after the pop to start my roll and stand tall all the way through the roll and dont pull my knees towards my chest right
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-10-2004, 10:06 PM Reply   
Most importantly, don't chuck your leading shoulder away from the boat the minute you hit the wake - that's what makes you land on your butt.

As far as height and rotation stuff goes, you'll have to figure out the position you need to be in as you hit the wake. I cut with just enough speed to clear the wake by a couple of feet (medium cut). I think about having my chest about 6 inches farther forward than normal (more weight on your front foot). Once you are locked in that position and cutting towards the wake be patient and try to launch up instead of out. Now go and do it! ... and let me know how it goes.
Old                08-11-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
alright thanxs daren ill try it this weekend when i go out on my boat again
Old                08-12-2004, 5:21 AM Reply   
hi guys,

I do my first scarecrow atempt this morning and I wouls say that for the first time was nnot bad in the sense that I get mentally the picture and found the same feeling when trying it. The landing was just on my board tail but at least i get the full rotation.

The point I miss here is may be wait a bit more before throuing the board in the shore direction in order to get more pop.

I will try next time again