Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
This season Mike has spent more time working on our older boat than riding behind it. He often joked that he would love to come home and find a new boat in the driveway instead of his project boat.... so I bought him this!

bringin' it home
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-09-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
That is sweet! Now if only my gf would do that.....
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
Our new ride

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
His birthday is ten days away so he better not be expecting anything else

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
two more

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-09-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Damn, you have to be one of the best gf's around! Mike, congrats on the new boat... What's the 1st project ?

-Blake
Old    trout            08-09-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
wow. whos name is it registered in and who makes the payments?

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
Liz~

That's awesome! hey where did you get that Boxers sign on your fence?
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
Thanks, Blake! The boat has some great options (Perfect Pass, speakers, etc.) so we gotta think what it really needs. I'd love some tower lights at some point.

trout - I get the payments - he gets the boat. Mike's been with me through two graduate degrees with no complaints so this is his reward.

Ronia - That yellow one I found at an airport gift shop - Phoenix, I think. You might try ebay for something similar. You and I love our dogs, don't we?!?
Old    trout            08-09-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-09-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
That boat looks mint.

Mike's smile in the last pic says it all.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-09-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
liz, what happened to the mobius? i know someone who would be interested in it.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-09-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Wow, i'm pretty sure you're the best girlfriend ever. I have to fight to get mine to even go boating.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-09-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Damn Liz you rock as a gf. Do you have a sister? J/K.
Old    chicagomc            08-09-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
Liz
Glad you're so stoked on the new boat. Mike just got the best b-day gift ever.
You could at least tell the nice folks on WW where you picked her up!!
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-09-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
I am going to have to agree wtih Chicago. I can't even get mine to go out on the water. Which is good and bad.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-09-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
geez, where are all these boat buying women hiding? somebody give me a lead on one!
Old    jesiday            08-09-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
Liz,

There is no doubt that you must be the most awesome g/f out there. Congratulations to you and Mike!!!! Too bad you guys live all the way in IL!

-jesi
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
Hi everyone -- thanks! Mike and I have had 12 years together so now it is great to have a fancy boat. I love to go wakeboarding nearly as much as Mike - I'm getting my W2W 180s right now, I watch all the DVDs and try my best to figure it out.

Randy - no sister - sorry! My brother raised me on motorcycles and fast cars so I guess I picked up good taste in boats somewhere along the way.

Mike - we traded the boat in. It may be available in a few weeks - they can call the number in the picture below. They have our three-seat waverunner, too. You rode behind it that first year so you know it is a great starter boat. I don't have a bad thing to say about it - I'm just thrilled to get something newer.

Chicago -- Here's where we got it. One of my favorite pics honestly and it is my new profile picture! You all rock at Chicago MasterCraft - awesome customer service, great mechanic, and you support the local scene. My next tattoo will be "Chicago MasterCraft 4-Ever!"

(Message edited by lizrd on August 09, 2005)
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-09-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   

Old    upupnaway            08-09-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
I love the new boat. I have been trying to kill myself on it since we got it.

My buddy snapped some great pics of a raley gone wrong...

I have the greatest lady in the world!
Old    tcboarder            08-09-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
Hey awsome boat, Where have you guys been this year? i knew he looked fimilar, then i relized that the meijer in the background it down the street from my house. so i figured out that you were at some board shop comps if im not mistaken? happy to see that he now has an awsome boat.
Peace, Kevin
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-09-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
I want to throw this post up before my arms fall off, or I pass out. (seven sets in 24 hours)

Thank you Mike & Liz for buying such a badass boat! I have seen more progress in my riding in the last two days, than the last year. Thanks for being patient with me while I learn. ( How many times can ya tell a guy to just hold your edge and stand tall at the wake before you wanna take his board and crack him over the head with it?

You both have been great teachers, and I look forward to riding for a long time our () kickass X-star.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-10-2005, 5:14 AM Reply   
k-dub - yeah that was us at the BoardShop contests last year. We haven't been to one this year since we were off the water for so long (plus I get tired of being beat by a 12-year old). Maybe we'll hit Wonder Lake Wake-Off in September! Have you gone to any contests this year?

Chris G. -- We are glad to share our boat with our best third! You made a ton of progress in the last three days - wake to wake, buddy! Just remember: Don't drop the taco. Next stop: Boot Camp