Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
Any one out there doing a ollie pop of the top of the wake. I was wondering if this would send you straight up. It would be like kicking and extending your legs super hard then pulling you legs way up to your chest. Like a ollie on a skate board.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
I'm starting to try to pop off the wake like that.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
Ed, are you getting a better pop when you hit it right?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-14-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
I learned how to do it last Summer when I got my Transcend. Boards with a bunch of rocker, it throws you up hard.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-14-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
i usually creep up to the wake and ollie off the top and land doing a lip slide either FS or BS. Super Fun to do. OLLIES ROCK!!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-14-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
ive been trying to work ollies of the top. especially toeside, can hit some big air with just a little speed. another one is HS inside the wake to out. fun to work on spins with 5 or 6 feet of air with a good ollie
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
Squid ~ yeah tho I only try to do it HS.I've been trying to go about 10' or so out on my cut and pop-ollie off the wake,Man when I hit it right I can easily go W2W if not even in the flats.

Now TS is a different story for me,I don't have to much problems finding the pop,I'm alittle more consistant on them...either consistantly SUCK or consistantly ROCK,depending on the day,but NO ollies off the TS.

When are you riding??

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on July 14, 2005)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Ed, ya I want to try to learn to ride like that. I was skating at the park the other day. I was doing big ollie grabs off a a little kicker that was about the size of wake. When I would hit it right it felt awsome. Than I got to thinking if you could do that and spin it would be killer.

As for riding maybe next week I have been busy with the business.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Since I never have skateboarded, I really do not know how to ollie. I try to do it behind the boat and in the flats but the only air I get is off rollers. Been told to get my weight to go front to back, but I never can pull it off. Any suggestions or tips that I can practice?

Thanks
Old    penny4urthots            07-15-2005, 3:36 AM Reply   
The inside to out ollie has owned me for about 8 years. I first used it to learn to hit buoys and rocks better and cleaner. It's great for throwin wrapped spins or stalled out grabs. Back in the day my fellow MuTiNy compadres were absolutely ruling this type of skate influenced riding. To this day it is still probably my favorite "unrecognized" part of my session.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-15-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
sandman - start with your knees bent a little. then rock your weight to your forward foot and punch the tail down. once you get a feel for it, pull your board up with you
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-15-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
try pushing down into the water with you front foot and picking it up with the water push from the bottom and let the back foot do the same just a fraction of a second later.

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on July 15, 2005)
Old    alanp            07-15-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
squid- i just an ollie edge, or pop for my spinning. "the book" explains it as coming into the wake seated(been trying to hammer that into jims head for months now) and standing tall with just enough edge to clear the wakes. this is supposed(and i feel like it does) to create much less line tension which as you know is ideal for spinning. they dont recommend this edge for any of the load and release tricks.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-15-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
alan, I was out last night and tried it. It works well but its going to take a while to get it down. When I was hitting it right it felt like I was getting more pop.
Old    alanp            07-15-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
for me its more about my edge into the wake rather than pop of the top of the wake and manipulating the my feet in anyway(like an ollie). i know you like to aim the board towards the corner of the boat to reduce the edge. i squat like you are in a chair and just stand tall. its really hard to create any type of edge this way and takes me more up than out. however im not noted for taking things huge, either high or into the flats. the book (number 2 i think) does a much better job of explaining this stuff. if you dont have it check with jim its probably worth viewing it.