Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    simba            06-15-2003, 8:52 PM Reply   
How do you like it and does it make a differnce?
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-15-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
Yes they rock. Nice on spins. One bad side if they hit you or the board it hurts. The handle hit my foot today on a wake skate first try. Other than that for a 110 bucks, well worth it.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            06-15-2003, 9:34 PM Reply   
hey man i love mine i've got a catalyst, i've had it for a few months now. if you wrap tricks you can't us them cause the handle dosen't shape to your body. still a great handle
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-15-2003, 9:35 PM Reply   
I have used them and I have a conflicting opinion. Not any better for wakeboarding than my $30 barefoot handle.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-15-2003, 9:52 PM Reply   
I noticed that is pops toward the boat after a fall more. We have a Parks carbon and Yellow jacket line.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-15-2003, 10:58 PM Reply   
My brother has the parks handle, so that's the only handle i use now. It's definatly worth it. If only cause it's so damn cool.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-15-2003, 11:02 PM Reply   
OH YA. Be careful throwing the handle in the water. Some idiot swung it around a few times to throw it out and CRACKED me right in the noggin. Oh well, nothin ta hurt up there anyways.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2003, 5:05 AM Reply   
A friend had one and when he fell he hit it on his new Belmont DNA and broke the handle and took a big chunk out of the board as well.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       06-16-2003, 5:48 AM Reply   
OK... I feel obligated to add my 2 cents. Tried the Grubb and after using it probably 10 times max the grip was completely torn up! Took it back and apparently they've returned a bunch of those but haven't had similar difficulty with the Parks. I picked up a Zero G but haven't tried it yet.

On the plus side, they're EXTREMELY light and I can see really getting stoked about them. Gotta be careful yanking them into the boat tho as they will wreak havoc with boards and gelcoat.

Bottom line -- they're rad concept and seem cool on first use, but I'm thinking they're not worth the huge chunk of cash!

Old    av8roc            06-16-2003, 5:56 AM Reply   
Chase has had the Catalyst for about a month now and doesnt like it. First of all he had to sent it back after 2 weeks because water got in. They are EXTREMELY prone to chipping and it will be beat up after a few sessions. It will easily ding boards, boats, people, whatever gets in its way.
On the other hand it is very nice to ride but will not last a long time as a $100 plus handle should.
Old    blais22            06-16-2003, 8:35 AM Reply   
I used one for the first time this past weekend. I think they chip more than anything else I have seen. It's also a different ride than a normal handle, I could tell a difference when cutting in and out. I don't think it's a bad handle, I just think it's overpriced for what it is. I'm sticking to SL when I go for a new one.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
I tried one for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was light, it was comfortable but it did have a lot of chips in it as the earlier posts suggested.

The other kicker is that if you get a small slice, cut, ding, etc in the composite material...there is a good chance that it will snap when its loaded up.

I think I will stay with my old-fashioned Hardline Club grip.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
we have had ours for about six months and it's falling apart. i would go with the belmont handle if i were you.
Old    ridehyco            06-16-2003, 10:41 PM Reply   
whats a composite handle
i'm an idiot :-)

H
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 1:01 AM Reply   
anyone have any reviews on the nevin?? i know they come in .8 and .9" diameters. Also they are only carbon on the handgrip and a small ways up the sides not the whole handle area. Anyone have one, what size, and how do you like it, oh and how long have you had it?
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-17-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
a composite handle is...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
Bob, I've only tried the nevin handle, once in a contest. So I only had two passes with it,so didn't have it for long. But I didn't really like it. I switched back to my handle for the second run. But I think I had the smaller diameter, I wasn't a fan of the grip, but its definatly very light. If you like that then you'll like this handle. but its very love or hate, some people really liked it.
Old    chase            06-17-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Sean is partly right in the above post. The handle does suck when it hits boards or bodies and chips all to hell in no time flat, but it ride awesome! I love this handle for spins and everything so if you can find a deal on one I recommend it, but at retail I'm not sure!
Old    av8roc            06-17-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
Are you ever sure about anything retail chase?
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2003, 2:34 PM Reply   
HARDLINE ROPES AND HANDLES
Old    chase            06-18-2003, 5:35 AM Reply   
Sean,
Only where my kids and wife are concerned! They LOVE retail prices where I HATE them!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
I have the Parks, love the handle, but yes it chips like crazy and I have only had it for 6 weeks. We have one pretty bad chip/maybe a crack, I am not sure how it happened, but my guess is it hit the board.