Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2003, 11:05 PM Reply   
How's the wake, handling, etc.?

B-
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-11-2003, 11:47 PM Reply   
buying a new boat?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2003, 11:59 PM Reply   
Nah, Cody is debating between the 210 and 230.. trying to get real world opinions for him.
How's the riding down there? Tell mom I said hi.

B-
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-12-2003, 12:06 AM Reply   
the riding has been good, except for the me not being able to realy ride part. my mom has been trunkin it but i didn't. i will tomorrow though. i actually get to ride this week thank god.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
It is rated as excellent on www.waterskimag.com and there is a video on there about it as well.
Old    cassidy            04-14-2003, 6:10 AM Reply   
Yea, waterski mag rated everyboat real good - not very discriminating.

We have the V210 - handles great in rough water, not sure the wake is quite as good as other popular wakeboard boats. Low dead rise in the back. Good value, the boat was alot cheaper then some of the other big names$$ Has held up really well, easy to trailer and fits in my garage (key).
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2003, 6:27 AM Reply   
wake is awesome compared to others on the v210
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
Mark, don't underestimate your V-210. Using a SAN as the end-all-authority wake, from what I've been told the V-210 is the closest comparable wake. That's assuming your V-210 is weighted correctly. I'm running about 1400-1500lbs in the bow and 900-1000 in the side lockers plus people. The wake is sick.

How are you weighting it?

B-
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
true story. the v-210 has a huge wake. people often weight it wrong because it rides a little different then other boats. i know we did at first.
Old    captain            04-14-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
Justin - what weight do you run?
I run 500lbs in the ski locker and 450 on each side of the engine (total 900lbs in the back) plus people.

Do you guys think I should change something up???

When I have more than 4 people in the boat I usually have 2 of them ride up front
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-14-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
Justin ,your wake sucks no one should ride with you . I will still ride only because I like the color of your boat . jk
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
I run a 700 pound sac that is in the center floor up to the bow and the wake is beautiful. I am actually thinking about running another 600 in the center also.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Ryan, throw more weight up front.

B-
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
so, does the v210 work best without ANY weight in the back, instead putting it all up front? Also, does the locker hold more weight than the std 400 lb bag? Are you putting a larger bag in the std ballast spot?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-15-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
yes. talk to pete from letsgoride.com about the sac

the best set up is probably barry's and the second best is with the weight all in the front/center.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
Ty, you actually get a 700 lb bag in there? I would guess that with that, plus some lead in the bow, 300 lbs or so, you'd be pretty well set...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
Tom, I think the letsgoride sack that fits in the locker is actually a bit larger then 700. The three set-ups we have run is:

(Both set-ups are with 4 people+rider)

1- 700lbs locker sack and another 500-600lbs in the bow. With this set-up the wake is pretty good size and super clean @ 22mph. You can't feel the weight and there's no bow rise(I wonder why?). The boat handles perfectly.

2- Same as above but we added two 250lbs sacks to the lockers. With this set-up you can feel the weight coming out of the hole and the boat does have a fair amount of bow rise but the wake is awesome! Simply awesome! It still handles perfectly.

3- 500lbs sacks in the lockers(replacing the 250's). Same amount of bow rise, same time out of the hole, same handling, I noticed no change in the wake but I noticed a huge differnce in gas usage. HUGE!

We settled on set-up #2 since it seemed to be the best balance of wake/fuel, etc.

B-

Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
I just tuned mine up with a little more weight up front. I pulled 300 lbs out of the rear, added 100 to the bow and I think it is the shizzy. I got a better wake with 200lbs less than my previous set-up.

900lbs in the rear
500 lbs in the locker
300 lbs of lead in the bow.

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
guys, great feedback, thanks for forwarding on. I'm probably not going to be able to upgrade my ride until late this year/early next, but Sanger is one of my top two when I do make the move, and it's good to get some good input on how to make the best wake. I want something that i can basically flip the switch to have an awesome wake (with some lead as needed), and it sounds like that's a good possibility with Sanger, if I plumb in add'l bags...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
Tom, buy a Sanger.. not because I think it's *the* single best value. Or because the wake is sick, drives like a dream, it has TONS of room, handles rough water like no other.. etc..
Buy a Sanger because their customer service is top-notch! The people are laid back, friendly and very customer driven.To me customer service is AT LEAST as important then the boats features. You won't be disappointed.

If you're ever in my area look me up, you can drive/ride behind mine as much as you'd like. Btw, What part of WC are you in? I moved from there 11 years ago... rat race!! I'm in the much slower Central Valley now.

B-

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
Barry, I appreciate the offer, and may look to take you up on it. I've spoken with your local guy Mark at Semper and like him a lot. I would highly consider buying through him, even though he's a drive.

As for me, I'm right near the 680/24 interchange, though my lady and I are in escrow to buy a house in Pleasant Hill and will be moving shortly (thus waiting a bit to buy the new rig). Good news is that we've got a nice big two car garage in the new joint. Believe me though, sometimes I long for the slower pace...

I agree about the dealer and svc. I have an MC right now, and I must admit the dealer's treated me very well. At the boat show, the quoted $40k for a new XStar, and so I would definitely have to consider that option if similar pricing were available end of year. That being said, Sangers are beautiful boats, and I like the fact that they have much more room in the main seating area, not to mention the add'l storage, plus a cooler (which the X-2 unbelievably doesn't have!)...
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-15-2003, 3:49 PM Reply   
I have to agree. I am running 700 lbs in the locker and about 500 lbs in the rear. I love that wake! It is probably a little big for My riding skill level. Not much bow rise with this combination.
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-15-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6687

400 locker, 400 untop in walkway, 500 bow 300 rear passeger locker to balance out stereo gear and batteries.

The gnarliest wake I have seen out of my v-210 was 1,000 rear and 800 locker with 6-7 people, boat took a long time to plane, but handeled well, gas was consumed like beer by a UCSB student.

sangers can get real steep wakes and throw nice BIG rampy wakes with a solid lip. In overall Value, versatility, performance (wake, driving, etc), comfort, and room Sangers Rape all other boat companies.

-Evan
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-15-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
Justin - I'm gonna have to get up there and ride with you guys someday.

Barry - you sound like a salesman, "don't buy it because of this, buy it because of this."
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
lol Thane..Sorry! I'd really like to see Sanger get more exposure, I think they're awesome boats!

Shall I hang myself? I hate salesmen!!!

B-
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-15-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Barry - it's all good. Not many people even know about Sanger. If I was going to buy a boat, I would definitely consider one. Haven't heard anyone say anything bad about one yet.
Old    xtremrider            04-18-2003, 2:55 PM Reply   
We are selling our 99 sanger and i would recomend them to anyone, i would have got another one but we got a good deal on our supreme, which is made similar.
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-18-2003, 3:43 PM Reply   
250 each side of engine
1100 in bow
7 people

then the wake is huge. about 3 foot tall 85 feet out going 23.5 mph in 6 to 10 feet of water. maybe just a lucky day, i haven't weighted it since.
Old    tmas            04-28-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
my sanger v210 is awsome and we bought it at semper marine the dude is a cool guy and he is willing to give a fair deal that everyone is happy with check his web site.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
Mark seems like a very cool guy, plus he's willing to do a custom ballast install, which bay area dealers don't seem to be willing to do. Only problem is that he's a 3 hour drive from the bay area.

I'm seriously considering this boat, but also looking at a couple of others, including the SAN. The Nautique is obviously quite a bit more expensive, but I also have to factor in the fact of what you get as std equipment, and add that to the cost of the Sanger, if I want is set up the same...like Wakeboard Pro, upgraded trailer (with disc brakes), depth finder, ballast upgrade cost, stereo system, bimini top (which is an upgrade on both)...
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
Are there any Sanger dealers in Michigan or any neighboring states?

What is Cruise Control Pro Tour, and how does it work? What is the difference between it and the regular Cruise Control?
Old    tmas            05-05-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
took the boat out today. we went to san luis it was somewhat windy could have been worse. the v210 is like driving a mercedes on the water. obviously the air natique is the best, but man the price. i love my sanger and it has plenty of room for the family.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-06-2003, 6:52 AM Reply   
awesome.

great rough water ride.

would like to meet up with you out there with you sometime