Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-27-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
so whats the difference between these years other than graphics?

how do they ride park vs boat? what do they compare to in the ronix and LF lines?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-27-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
We discussed it of FB, but I'll throw it out again. There is no real difference between the years.

You are going to have to ride one. Neither line has anything similar to how this board rides. All I can say is that it is very easy to ride.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-27-2014, 10:54 AM Reply   
THanks JUstin you are correct I need to ride one but I figured a BILL rider who has both and rode them recently might tell me if its improved a lot and it what way..

im on an 11 Watson hybrid now, like it but was hoping for a little more speed , flex, and maybe better landings and that could be tough :P)

I want to buy a new board this weekend and have two favorites 2013 Peak and Shnook in mind with two maybes 13 super trip and now The Bill.. the bill is the only one I haven't ridden..i hate to buy it and not like it or not buy it and wish I did..

Have you ridden yours behind the boat? how well does it ride wake? I may buy it and if it isn't for me on park I could use it on boat..
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
well I picked up a 13 schnook 140 for 2 bills at the boat show , couldn't find a leftover Bill.. also got a free Cwb groove 139 for buying a six one day pass package for a wake park for two parks.. not a bad deal but man this is a loose board that nearly got my ribs broke on my first invert attempt off a kicker, board slid out behind me and smashed my ribs into the kicker.. after figuring this board out it wasn't a bad ride but on a slower cable not sure it fits my style..putting it up for sale n board section.

ill trade the brand new groove for a super trip or The bill if anybody wants to trade straight up..
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-03-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
THanks JUstin you are correct I need to ride one but I figured a BILL rider who has both and rode them recently might tell me if its improved a lot and it what way..

im on an 11 Watson hybrid now, like it but was hoping for a little more speed , flex, and maybe better landings and that could be tough :P)

I want to buy a new board this weekend and have two favorites 2013 Peak and Shnook in mind with two maybes 13 super trip and now The Bill.. the bill is the only one I haven't ridden..i hate to buy it and not like it or not buy it and wish I did..

Have you ridden yours behind the boat? how well does it ride wake? I may buy it and if it isn't for me on park I could use it on boat..
my impression from riding a '12 watson hybrid, then trying a '13 bill was the bill was lighter, stiffer, faster and slightly harder landing.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2014, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_09 View Post
my impression from riding a '12 watson hybrid, then trying a '13 bill was the bill was lighter, stiffer, faster and slightly harder landing.
did you like it better?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-03-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
One smells like bananas and the other smells like pineapples.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-04-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Im shopping a 130 Bill for my sons B day and saw this review on EVO. Thought it would help:

"Comments about Ronix Bill Wakeboard 2013:
Really does smell like bananas. Ruler is accurate, I cross-examined using a standard ruler and everything checked out. This board is now by far my favorite ruler."
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2014, 4:39 PM Reply   
hey Justin is your 13 bill the purple one with bananas on the bottom? does it have the turned up tip and tail?
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-10-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
did you like it better?
My first thought after one set was 'holy crap, I could get seriously mauled on this board'. (due to how fast and poppy it was). It could of been it was my 3rd day riding after recovering from a lis franc fracture, but I honestly thought it might be too much board for me who am I kidding, next board I buy will be a bill.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-10-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
Yes. That is the one that I ride in the park
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2014, 1:13 PM Reply   
what's its down side on the wake? have you tried it there?
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-13-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
What about the bill vs the william?
Old     (Jeff lyonz)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-13-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
I ride a 2013 bill board and absolutely love it! I've never ridden it in a park setting but behind the boat it is amazing. I find it has good edge control but still loose enough to slide and play around on surface tricks. It has very soft landings. All around its a great board and I don't plan on changing any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-13-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
The Bill is an incredible all-round ride. I've been riding it off the wake all winter (too lazy to swap bindings) and it rides better than any other board (IMO), but the intelligent core is a stick of dynamite. Now that it is warming up and my riding is coming back together for the year, I'll be back on the Will.

It is tough/impossible to find a board that rides park and wake equally well just because the needs are so different, but the Bill is as close as I have ever seen.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2014, 10:36 AM Reply   
Justin are you saying the bill will most likely break if you ride it full time on the boat? :"stick of dynamite"

I have the 2013 arriving today and will take it out tomorrow to BSR..I rode the 2014 last week at little elm and liked it..I hope they are the same, I cant find anything in the information size,shape, rocker profiles etc to say theres any difference at all..
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-19-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
The William (Intelligent Core) has an incredible explosive pop. I usually only get this feel out of wider boards. I don't know anyone who has broken on off the wake.

There may be a little difference in the construction between the 13 and 14 for the Bill, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-19-2014, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
The William (Intelligent Core) has an incredible explosive pop. I usually only get this feel out of wider boards. I don't know anyone who has broken on off the wake.

There may be a little difference in the construction between the 13 and 14 for the Bill, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Good to know. I'm looking at the '13 William because there's some pretty good deals on them.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-19-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
The William is a freak. You won't be disappointed. It has amazing raw pop (pop without edge) for a board that isn't particularly wide.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2014, 3:23 PM Reply   
Justin does the Bill share that characteristic to a large extent? Or a little? Or is it a totally different animal? I have one hidden in my closet until 4/11. I would love to see him get boosted!
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-04-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
So my '13 William just came in and I guess I accidentally ordered the 140 instead of the 145. I'm 5'10" and weigh ~205 lbs. Will I have any problems trying to keep the 140 afloat?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-04-2014, 6:28 PM Reply   
If I could only own one, it would be the bill. Wake and cable, it is hard to beat.
Old     (raj005)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-08-2014, 5:13 AM Reply   
I have a 2011 Bill with Frank Boots and have been happy with it. I would like to upgrade to a board with more pop behind the boat though and use the Bill for cable. I don't have a place real close by to demo any boards so I am open for suggestions. I have seen several deals on the 2012 One Modello and Timebomb and have heard good things about the 2013 Code22. I plan to keep the Frank bindings a little bit longer as they aren't in bad shape. I normally ride a 138 board as I'm about 155 lbs and can do a couple inverts. Anyone have any thoughts?