Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-25-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
I am in the market for buying a new boat this fall, and had a few questions? I still need to demo a few but basically down to mastercraft malibu and tige. my question is what are the service departments like here in atlanta. I really lake all three brands but want to make sure the dealers of these are easy to deal with, I bought my current boat from a small dealer here in atlanta that went out of business so getting warranty issues has been a real pain. any info would be great thanks
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
http://www.atlantamarine.com/
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-25-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
http://www.singletonmarinegroup.com/
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
sorry for not being clear I was really looking for people's experiences with these dealers and their service departments, both good and bad.I plan on keeping my next boat for a long time so the service departments will have a major roll in what brand I buy, as a like all the boats equally thanks again
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-26-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Murph,
All of the inboard dealers are on Holiday Rd, left off exit 8 985n within three miles of each other. I don't have any affiliation with any of them. That being said, I highly recommend Atlanta Marine. I bought a boat from them and always had great service through a three year bumper to bumper warantee period and until I sold the boat. I bought it 10 yrs ago and they still treat me like a new customer. They were on top of all warantee issues and Kurt (owner) without hesitation offered to replace my defective skins when the factory (toyota) wouldn't. It is a family owned business and they will take care of you.

They are the top Supra dealer in the nation, there's no other local inboard dealer that can say that about their brand. They were a tiny dealer in '00 when I bought my boat, and they have grown exponentially because they can take care of the customer. They have a great selection of boats in inventory right now.

Atlanta Inboard is the Malibu dealer, they have done equally well over the last 10 yrs, I have no experience with their service dept but I hear good things from other people. Last yr they had about 60 Malibus on their lot, it was scary how much inventory they had, now its down to 10 or so.

The MC dealer has been in the inboard business here a long time and has a good reputation. He changed from CC to MC about three years ago. He has almost nothing on his lot the last time I drove by (last wk)

The Centurion dealer (JOA Marine) used to be the MC dealer and lost them because they were sketchy. They may be OK now but I would not recommend that dealer.

There is a Ski Supreme dealer next to the Centurion dealer, they were selling center console fishing boats until about two years ago. I haven't seen a Ski Supreme on the lake, just in their lot and they only have one or two.

You should take a ride up there and test drive some boats, they're all 5 min from a ramp and will demo a boat in a heartbeat.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
psyclone, thanks for all the great info I have talked to the guys at the MC dealer a couple of times, I haven't stopped at atlanta marine or atlanta inboard but plan to next friday, do you know anybody has had any dealings with the gainsville marina they are the tige rep? thanks again
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-26-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
No, but you could post on Atlwake and probably get some feedback on them. I don't see many tiges around and I ride right near there.

There's two awesome coves about .5 mile SE of Gainesville Marina. There's a little ramp (free;) in Lanier Point Park in the back of one of the coves.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
I usually ride on the south side near lanier dr but I will have to check those two out. I think Im going to be up there tuesday afternoon, I will have to see how long of a boat ride it is
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-26-2009, 5:07 PM Reply   
Don't know if this is an option, but Carolina Mastercraft isn't too far away in Anderson, SC. They are off of I85. I bought my MC X2 from Chad and they are great people to deal with. I had to mention them even if they may be a short drive away.