Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-29-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
I was looking at the slingshot response. Was gonna see if anyone had any reviews.
Old     (splatman)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-29-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
I rode the 09 response and didn't like it.
I've heard plenty of good things about them though, it just didn't jive with me.

(Message edited by splatman on May 29, 2009)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-29-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
I got a Response this year. Initially I did not like it, but have begun to get comfortable with it and am riding it all the time now. At first it was unpredictable (inconsistent, hahah) They are a different breed of boards, and just riding it for a while you'll begin to get comfortable and start pushing things. Definitely glad I picked it up
Old    Slingshot            05-29-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, the Response is my board of choice! I love it! It is a real smooth board and very friendly to ride. It transitions from edge to edge very easy. Because of the flex, it loads up and give you a little kick at the top of the wake, which is rad for a continuous rocker board. Its our softer board so taking it out to the flats is fun, and your knees will thank you! Its pretty fast straight out of the box, but you can tune it down by rounding the edge. I ride mine completely tuned down so its slow and chill and feels like my snowboard. Hope that helps! If you have any questions about our boards, call me up 509-427-4950x0023
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-29-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
I ride the response. I tried out the recoil and it didnt fit me as well. You should try to demo if you can but ss is def the way to go
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
I ride the response. I have rode the recoil for a while. I love the recoil. The response is faster and looser. It is alot stiffer at first but now feels really good. The toeside pop is awesome. I have retrofitted some 8in fins because I like the tightness of those fins vs. the 6in. I like it more than the recoil because it in skinnier and faster.
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       05-29-2009, 11:59 AM Reply   
I rode my response for the first time last weekend.. I've been a avid Hyperlite and Liquid Force guy for a long time.. But after riding this board, I dont think I will go back! I'm 250lbs and I got bigger air and softer landings with this board.. I'm sold.. Its worth trying out. It took me a year to decide if I wanted one.

Good luck.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-29-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
many differences between 07 08 and 09 models?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
ALL boards have the following changes/additions:

quote:

* Dura Base --> The base on the 09 boards is glossy and more durable. The Dura Base will slide better than our other bases.

* HDLW (High Density Light Weight) PVC rails and tips --> The HDLW PVC Rails and tops are made from a very high quality PVC. Its Tunable by smoothing the sharp edge. The more you round it you create more drag on the board. This makes the board ride slower. Also, if you smack the PVC rail, you can repair it with epoxy. You can customize all our boards to ride how you want it to ride.

* Tapperwall --> This not only gives the board a different look, but it makes it ride smoother in the water.

* Binding Inserts --> There are the same number of inserts, but we made the stance wider. Its about 2 inches wider than the 07-08 boards.
The industry changed the 2 hole pattern. The inserts are closer together, so if you have a 09 board by any wake company, older boots will not fit. If you buy 09 Slingshot boots and you have an 08 or older board by any other wake company, we can hook you up with a adapter plate so the boots fit. The Slingshot 4 hole pattern has not changed.

* Fins and fin holes --> The fins have been replaced by a quality G-10 molded fin. Super strong and the screw holes won’t strip out. The screw is a little larger, so if you put them on a 07-08 board, you will have to drill out the hole. The fin holes on all Slingshot Boards are the same spacing.

Old     (vino)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-29-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
I have an '08 recoil and I've ridden my buddy's '08 response several time. I like it a lot. It's a lot of fun, fast, and soft landings. I highly recommend it.
Old    Slingshot            05-29-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
The biggest change that you will notice from 07/08-09 is the stance is 2 inches wider in 09, and the board I think rides a little smoother because we changed the side wall a little bit. My favorite upgrade was super gangsta wide stance!