Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-15-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
www.memoriesink.net has int pics. i like the pic of me in expert pic # 3170
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-16-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
Man, I read the other topic with the complaints about how tiny the wake was in some of the higher classes, but I had no idea until I saw this pick of my buddy doing a Moby Dick in Outlaw:

Upload

That wake can't be more than 7.5 inches tall?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-16-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
What boat did they use? That wake is pretty weak and washed out, IMO...
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-16-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
WOW! That is pretty small. I'm in Baton Rouge but couldn't make it out to watch. Bennet's is a great complex but when it was built I don't think Wakeboarding had even been thought of yet, was strictly a ski school. Those lakes are very shallow. They need to be dridged out if they are going to try to teach wakeboarding and have more wake events there.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-16-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
The two boats that produced the best wakes there were the supra 21v and the X2. I'm sure that it is because they were the smallest boats. The super air, the tige rz4, the centurion enzo, and the malibu LSV really did not produce a very good consistant wake.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-16-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
I was impressed by some of the raley's with that small wake.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-16-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
that was the malibu,

its wake was crap
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
That is the worst wake i have ever seen in a contest...i would demand my money back
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-16-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
yah the x2 sucked imo. i thought the tige and nautique were best. the supra was decent
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-16-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
Upload here is the pic of my scarecrow the wake looks pretty small behind me
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-16-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
I was told the x2 was not even weighted. This whole event is a joke. Everything is a secret. The day you ride, what place you are in, and even if you ask to see the score sheets they wont show you. At the banquet they called up the winners in a slalom division, gave them the trophies, and then 30 min later they called them back up and said wait we made a mistake and this is not the correct order and 3rd place your not third so give your trophy back. What a joke! Maybe if the f?>)*^ scores were not a secret this wouldnt have happened. Im sure that guy was truely focused on FUN!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-16-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
Just wondering looking at the wake size if it didn't favor the spinners in the upper divisions. Leo the raleys don't surprise me, look at old footage of Darin behind a ski boat with no ballast, pole or tower he just charged the crap out if it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-16-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
INT was formed out of skiing tournaments. not that that is a problem because wakeboarding was too. but the problem is, is that they never left thier skiing roots at all. wakeboarding is still judged like a trick ski tounrey would be. set point values for tricks and all that junk. while the rest of the wakeboarding community evolved they didnt. for example, in an outlaw class, rider A can do 2 passes with 8 base inverts up and 8 more backand beat out rider B who goes out and does some huge tech spins or mobes and maybe only get 5 tricks a pass. so id say that they arent really worried about wake size. its almost like wade cox is out there hosting a wakeboard contest when hes a huge waterski champion.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-16-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Jason, agree with judgeing take, but Outlaws and Pro divisions are limited to 5 tricks per pass, so you have to bring it every pass
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
who won the pros?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-16-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
1st Andrew Dyrhood, Ark.
2nd Ryan Anderson, OK.
3rd Tony Carroll, NorCal

All ride on the Pro tour and they all Rip. Congrats guys
Old    gotwake123            10-16-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
i rode in outlaw and placed 4th and we used the malibu the first day and it was horrible because they didnt use the wedge. The second day we used the super air and it was alot better.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-16-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
i feel that limiting tricks is good and bad. it does even things out a little bit but at the same time i think that it is just another limitation that is stading in the way of a format that really lets riders express themselves as an individual. i do understand that wakeboarding is very hard to judge but i believe that there should really be no rules to how you can ride and what you can and cant do.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-16-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
I rode the 220 and Supra I heard those were the 2 best of the week.Not that it made me ride any better I still sucked.