Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
hey i live near the fox river and i was wondering how many ppl live or ride hear in illinois. does anybody who works for munson marine come on here. i go there as much as i can.
dane
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
the fox river is gross man...I used to live in cary (maybe you will know where that is?)...I still remember the stories about the kids getting all sorts of ear infections from it haha
Old    tcboarder            04-17-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Hey man, I ride on the river all the time, it may be gross but its all we got that has decent water around here. I dont know if anyone from munson comes on here but i work at chicago mastercraft if you know where that is you should check us out, we are actualy moving locations right now and we gonna have a good sized pro shop soon.
Kevin Kunstman
Old    bocephus            04-17-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
I used to ski from Lock and Damn 18 to L&D 21 just outside of La Grange. Water was scary but was fun just the same. You never know what your going to find in the mighty Mississippi, I've seen coffins, house, cars and pretty much everything else. You just stay in the channel and keep an out ahead of you and you are usually ok. It's always fun to watch someone hit a wing damn.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-17-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
Hey man, there are a bunch of riders in your area at soulriders.com

Also check out www.midwestwakefest.com
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-17-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
There's nothing wrong with the Fox River, my friends and I ride it all the time. Even on windy days you usually can find good water.

Just ignore the Babyruth floating by!
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-18-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
There's quite a few people that Ride on the Fox alot. I'm usually down by Port Barrington. There's a few other crews south of the Rt 14 bridge that Rip it up.

Make sure you check out Ultimate Wake Watersport at Chicago Sea Ray. Also Chicago Mastercraft will be Just South on Rt. 12.

I know Ultimate Wake Watersports has a couple In water Boat and equipment demos scheduled for this season. Probably up on the Chain Off Lake Catherine.

Also Chicago Mastercraft Runs comps and demos Every Wednesday on the Lower Fox. Usually pretty entertaining.

And Yes, the Fox is Dirty but it's home and you can find some great water and great entertainment all over the place. Plus everyone I've met on there are great people to be around and hang with.

(Message edited by scooby76 on April 18, 2006)
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-18-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
hey kevin
ive been to chicago mastercraft. those are like the best boats. which part of the fox do u ride on? are u the one who has kinda like blondish hair? i think i mighta saw u at the boat show too. mabe we can ride sometime.
Old     (midwest_militia)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-19-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
Dane, Check out www.midwestmilitia.net
Plenty of events going on this season in Illinois!
Old    tcboarder            04-19-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Dane,
Yea our boats are all killer, i uasualy ride on the lower fox but where ever the guys at the shop are going is cool with me. I got kinda shaggy blonde hair but i doubt youve seen me before because i just started workin there like a month ago. You should go to the demos and comps at the oar when they start there gonna be sweet. ill prolly see ya around this summer tho.
Peace out, Kevin
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Kevin
ya ill definately be goin to comps and demos this year. i ride at like st charles but ill be hittin up different spots too. where are u guys movin to? u should try to stock liquid force gear. there awesome.
Old    wtrlilys13            04-20-2006, 12:52 AM Reply   
Speaking of Munson Marine, during the summer they offer free wakeboard sessions (Wakeboard Wednesdays) on the Fox River. You can demo boards and bindings. Fun atmosphere and can meet some great riders!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2006, 5:24 AM Reply   
The Fox River area is loaded with riders.

Ultimate Wake Watersports at Chicago Sea Ray will be having an on-water demo of the new Supra's and Moomba's and all the new Hyperlite gear on May 20-21. I'll post where when I find out.

www.ultimatewakewatersports.com

If you really want good water though, come down to the Midwest Militia events in Ottawa on the Illinois River.... www.midwestmilitia.net
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-20-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
I've ridden in Elgin and St. Charles a few times.
Waters kind of gross, but it's nice and calm.