Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wiegs)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-20-2012, 9:33 PM Reply   
Got tired of taking wet carpet out. I was quoted $500 to replace it so I decided to give seadek a try. Also the back of the carpet was wearing away and a couple of the snaps pulled through. I think it turned out great. Guess I will see how it holds up.
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2012, 11:21 PM Reply   
looks banging!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-21-2012, 6:49 AM Reply   
that was only $500?
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-21-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Where did you get it
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-21-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
The stuff is seadek.com. I have been thinking about doing this. They also do custom stuff that can look like wood grain or other patterns. This is oem in the new Epics and from the pics that new Nauti G25. Many OEM's are using it on the swim platforms. It's really cool stuff. Looked like they had the dimensions for almost every towboat already on their site so all you do is find your boat and order. Was only around $250 for a platform with patterns and the manufacturers logo. It's pretty new so my only concern is how the adhesive holds up since I saw a new Epic that was peeling at the edges.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-21-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
And Chad your boat looks great. How strong did the adhesive feel as you were working with it? It was peel and stick, correct? As in it was already on the back and you didn't have to apply a separate adhesive to the floor first?
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-21-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
Did you glue it to your flooring or did it use the existing snaps?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-21-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
That looks great!

I have been thinking about doing the same thing..

do you get good traction? does it feel slippery at all?
Old     (wiegs)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-21-2012, 6:38 PM Reply   
boardman74 - thanks. The 3m adhesive seems really strong. Not extra glue needed. I checked after being installed a couple days and it is holding real strong.

Midnightv10 - it does not seem slippery. It is not as soft on the feet as the snap in carpet but it does not absorb water and is suppose to be real easy to clean. Just soap and water.

The only thing I could not decide was whether to split the back sheet into smaller pieces. You can see in the pics the channel between the floor panels. I think it looks best as one big piece.

I love how it turned out except for the huge screws that hold the flooring panels in place. I just went over them. It shows a bit but it should be ok.

Last edited by wiegs; 08-21-2012 at 6:46 PM.