Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-26-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
if anyone has pics of the bottom of their board after hitting sliders i would appreciate it if you posted it up. im asking because im trying to decide which board im going to use for sliders (my typical riding board or have a separate slider board) i figure that i shouldnt expect chunks to be taken out of my board if the slider is built right. so if you have any pics please post
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-27-2005, 5:04 AM Reply   
If you hit sliders alot a board is going to break. I broke two boards just the other week. But if you're only going to hit them once a week or so then you should be fine with your regular board if you don't mind a few chips and scrathes.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-27-2005, 5:46 AM Reply   
If you hit a quality built slider, like the ones at OWC they do very little damage. Me and a friend went for 3 days and probably hit 500 sliders each in that time and could barely tell. On the other hand the first time I hit a rave slider I chuncked the built-in fin on my byerly.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-27-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
just remember, most companies will NOT replace a board (1yr warranty) if they see any signs of slider contact and "could barely tell" imo will not fly! good luck and wear a helmet!

Old    jzwake            01-27-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
Use a slider board at first and gauge the damage for yourself. If your just sliding occansionally then You probably can afford to use yuor regualar board. If you are planning to ride the slider alot, get a slider board.

I hit the few and far between local sliders on my reg board. But when I goto OWC or if there is a any other reason for me to think sliding is the only thing I'll be doing, I grab my old board & a helmet.
Old    flyingmonkeys            01-27-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
hey i was hittin sliders for about 3 months straight...about 20 every day and the inside of my board snapped....but that was becuase i was learing them....i got a new board and nothin has happened to it jus a few sliding marks on the bottom...just make sure the slider is smooth...cable parks tend to have amzin ones
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-27-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
thanks for the help guys, i have a couple old boards i could use and didnt know if i wanted to keep them for sliding or sell them. i think im just going to set aside sets where i just hit the slider behind a jetski using an old board an wearing a helmet.
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-27-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
My gonzalez's edges were spliting because of hitting my flatbar, and when I underroated a TS roll my fiberglass separated from the foam of the board. I use my other boards for sliders now.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-27-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
Only took me about 4 hours at OWC to pretty much destroy one of Murray's prototype boards...Gonna be there again in March, I'll be using another board that I can write off.
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
Hopefully this picture will load. This is my first time trying to post a picture: cwb break.JPG
cwb break.JPG
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       01-27-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
Sorry about the double picture, but that was my first time displaying a picture. Here is a closer look at the bottom of a slider board.: CWB bottom.JPG
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-27-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
I don't have any pictures, but the board we used on our slider was pretty much toast after one season. We ripped a big chunck out of it early on and I filled that with an epoxy based filler. That repair held okay, but the toe edge of the board started really getting ripped up.

Eventually the entire board was delaminating and now I am in the market for a new slider board.....

Rod McInnis