Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       09-29-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
I am looking to store my boat for the off season at an indoor facility. Doesn't fit in my garage and I don't want it getting trashed in a driveway. The new boat storage place in Rancho Cordova is $150 a month, looks secure.

But searching the forums a lot of people mentioned McClellan Storage. I can't find anything on this place. Does anyone know if it is still open?

Any other recommendations on storage facility I am not turning up in google?

Thanks
Old     (adouglas)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-29-2011, 8:37 AM Reply   
I just researched this as my new house does not have the garage space for my 06 SANTE 210 and found that McClellan is out of business. River City RV Storage is the cheapest in town at $99 a month for my 210. They are super accommodating, friendly and the place is very secure.

http://rivercityrvstorage.com/index.html

Please tell them Alan Douglas sent you...

Hope this helps…
Old     (SteveW)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-29-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
There are 2 indoor places in Rocklin. The big warehouse on the corner of Hwy 65 and Sunset Blvd. And another one just around the corner on Cincinnati ave kitty corner from the Pacific Pride.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-29-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
Way out in Rio Linda, there's Lien Storage! I keep mine at Sunrise Boat and RV storage as you mentioned, $145 month! Nice people, clean place!
Old     (bandsecurity)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-29-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
The place I store mine is a little south of Sac on the 5 and it is in Walnot Grove and it is called Anchor Boat Storage. They charge about a $100 month for inside storage and they live on the property. If you boat onthe delta, its great because the are right there so they will put your boat in the water for $10.
The other place i have used is valet storage of of Richards and the 5
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-29-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
Blue Oaks Storage, off Blue Oaks & Foothills.. Superior Boat Repair & Storage, off Sunrise and Coloma, thats Bob Bense's place.. Both are great.. I keep mine over at Blue Oaks Storage, many different options there and great prices...
Old    sperbet            09-29-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
McClellan went out of business
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       10-01-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsecurity View Post
The place I store mine is a little south of Sac on the 5 and it is in Walnot Grove and it is called Anchor Boat Storage. They charge about a $100 month for inside storage and they live on the property. If you boat onthe delta, its great because the are right there so they will put your boat in the water for $10.
The other place i have used is valet storage of of Richards and the 5
Thats only where I use my boat. I usually launch at New Hope by Wimpy's. I might end up leaving it down there. Next year I want to keep my boat at the Boathouse Marina.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grkero View Post
Thats only where I use my boat. I usually launch at New Hope by Wimpy's. I might end up leaving it down there. Next year I want to keep my boat at the Boathouse Marina.
I would advise you to stay away from boathouse. I stored my boat there for about 8 months a couple years ago and wont go back. Given that I'm super anal about my boat, that place doesn't have fully closed siding on the street side of the building so a lot of dirt and dust blows through there and my boat would be pretty dirty every week when I took it out. There is also a lot of birds that nest up in the rafters so expect bird poo on your boat everytime. Also it is a tight fit and they pack the boats in there pretty good and use a small tractor to move them. After they hired a new guy and I had to direct him which way to turn the wheel when your backing a trailer I moved mine to another storage. The other issue is youcan only get to your boat when they are there. If you want to come in later than 5ish on a weekday or weekend then you have to leave your boat tied up in the water overnight. I wasn't a fan of this and didn't want my boating schedule running on someone elses time.
I moved mine to J&D ministorage about 1/4 mile down the road from wimpys and love it. $140/month and I have my own locked unit I can access 24/7. The place is a little rough on the outside but for the location and price it works for me.
Old     (bandsecurity)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-02-2011, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
I would advise you to stay away from boathouse. I stored my boat there for about 8 months a couple years ago and wont go back. Given that I'm super anal about my boat, that place doesn't have fully closed siding on the street side of the building so a lot of dirt and dust blows through there and my boat would be pretty dirty every week when I took it out. There is also a lot of birds that nest up in the rafters so expect bird poo on your boat everytime. Also it is a tight fit and they pack the boats in there pretty good and use a small tractor to move them. After they hired a new guy and I had to direct him which way to turn the wheel when your backing a trailer I moved mine to another storage. The other issue is youcan only get to your boat when they are there. If you want to come in later than 5ish on a weekday or weekend then you have to leave your boat tied up in the water overnight. I wasn't a fan of this and didn't want my boating schedule running on someone elses time.
I moved mine to J&D ministorage about 1/4 mile down the road from wimpys and love it. $140/month and I have my own locked unit I can access 24/7. The place is a little rough on the outside but for the location and price it works for me.
That is why I use Anchor Boat Storage. The operators live on the property and could not be nicer or more accomodating. You can get or drop off your boat any time. The property is very clean and well maintained. They willl put the boat in the water for you if you or going in the delta. The boat house has been going down hill (I would nfver store there) but idf the locks are closed, you have eliminated half the great places to board. I have my boat dropped off at walnurt grove marina. I am not sure if Anchor still has this program but if you pay up front for 11 months, you get the 12th free.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-05-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Acme Tops and Tunes has free storage when getting your stereo or upholstery worked on. Just sayin'.
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       10-05-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbox View Post
Acme Tops and Tunes has free storage when getting your stereo or upholstery worked on. Just sayin'.
Ben, if you let me store my boat for the whole offseason, I will bring my boat in for a full reupholster.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-05-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
Grant - That is not uncommon this time of year. With 15,000 sq ft. of warehouse we always have long term projects.
Old     (Audiooptions)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-05-2011, 10:33 PM Reply   
do what I did, make your boat fit in the garage, tear down a wall here and there and make it fit...lol
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-06-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
Larson Marine in Rancho is now offering indoor storage for the winter. Secure and a better price then listed above. Call 916-635-8755 for more info.