Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
So I have only ridden 3 sets on these bindings and they let go on me. I was working on the 360s and the second one they blew up!! the right boot broke at the pro plate and tore the stitching all the way to the toe. I am going to call Liquid Force in the morning to see what I can do, this sucks because I am heading to Shasta lake for the next 3 days
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
here are a few shots of the bindings

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-10-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
did that hurt? Looks like it took quite an impact to snap them like that.
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2006, 10:32 PM Reply   
The crash was definitely one of the easier ones, it wasnt even really a crash, I spun for the 360 missed the handle and landed, I never even got my hair (ok bald head) wet, it was one of those where you miss the handle and slide to a stop then slowly sink while watching the rope go by by. I took a few spills earlier in the run, but nothing bad? I am now a little shy of these bindings because if this can happen on an easy couple of crashes, just imagine what can happen on those big slams!!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-11-2006, 12:50 AM Reply   
Hey keep us posted on how LF handles it. I'd expect them to step up and promptly send you a replacement pair, but curious as to how it long takes, etc. BTW, did you buy online or at a local shop?
Old     (erik)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2006, 5:12 AM Reply   
i just had a problem with my bindings and sent them back to LF. they took care of the problem quick and sent me a new pair. awesome customer service! thanks LF!
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
I bet they will get you a new pair out ASAP. I am getting heal lift in my '05s and they are sending parts out to try and correct the problem. Their service is tops!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-11-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Nice Board, you should have got your bindings from the same company. Thats just my opinion, of course.
Old    lebeau            08-11-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
Derek, this is crazy...let me know how LF handles it. Do you have the entire Storm Trooper outfit or just the boots?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-11-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
the more and more I see stuff like this...

I'm just waiting for this to happen to my watsons one of these days...
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
I left a voice mail at LF, their customer support manager is out for the week, I will keep you all posted on how it is handled. LeBeau, I still have your extra small storm trooper outfit that you left at my house last time, my son has been playing with it, I just cant see how you wore that thing, its tight on my 10 year old son!!
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-11-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
hey derek,

just wondering how tight you had the screws attaching the pro plate to the binding?

I have mine as tight as I can possibly get them. I wonder if that's a bad or good idea.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-11-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
i have my screws just tight enough....i wouldn't overly tighten them.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-11-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
and as far as getting bindings from the same company as your board comment, yet another preacher has arisen among us touting the ever so popular CWB........EVERY company has bugs in their products including CWB....LF should and will step up to help you out. They are really cool about warranty and the likes.
-Nate

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on August 11, 2006)

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on August 11, 2006)
Old    lebeau            08-11-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
I have the same set-up as storm trooper aka Derek and my pro plate attachment screws are tight but nothing crazy.
Derek is actually a super clean rider, so I was surprised to hear this happened! I was the one pushing him into purchasing the bonifay's.
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Darn you for forcing me to buy those things LeBeau!!! I just got back from lake Shasta and all I have to say is I WANT MY BONIFAY'S BACK!!! I could not hold the edge that I was used to with the Shanes, I had to run my fins on the CWB for it to work with my old Parks bindings and then it was ok. As for the screws, I had them snugged down but definitely not overtight. I will find out tomorrow what LF is going to do.
Curtis, are you up for the river on wednesday? We will be down there at about 12 or so dropping in at Discovery park.