Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       10-04-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
I'm almost certainly going to buy this boat today after a test drive. 2002 SANTE 210 with about 120 hrs. It has everything but shower and heater. Gelcoat looks showroom new. It basically looks like a 4 yr old new boat - one owner, garage kept, etc. I'm interesetd in anyone's meaningful feedback about this deal before I go and write the big check.

I love my buddy's 2000 210 and have been looking for one casually for a while. By all indications, I think I have walked into a good deal on an awesome boat. Price is $38,500 firm.

2002 SANTE

Thanks in advance - Dan

(Message edited by texastbird on October 04, 2006)
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Dan,
IMO you can't go wrong with a SANTE, and everything I have ever heard about Buxton has been great! Just be aware that SANs in Texas tend to run a little higher than other parts of the country. I think they must be smarter down there in Texas or something...I just looked at an '06 SAN signature series here in Tempe for $48K. I still might buy it...
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-04-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
I would keep looking. Although that looks like a clean and well maintained boat, it is still 4 years old. For around $10-$12K more you can get a new one. It might not be the team editions or have all the accessories, but you would be in a new boat. IMO, I would buy a newer boat if I was going to spend that much money, he might be a little less "Firm" on the price in a few months.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
dan, i will have to agree with byrd. i looked at a couple 210's at buxton and thought their pricing was nuts, to go along with their attitudes.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-04-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
I'd take it for that price. Looks like a sweet boat and I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun in it!
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
I am told that most of the used boats at Buxton are on consignment and that's why the prices are firm, it's usually someone trying to get out of a loan so they can trade up. You can not get a new SANTE for $38,500 + $10,000 or $12,000. A SANTE with all the options that boat has would be over $60K after taxes so it depends on what you want a loaded boat or a Signature Series like what I am looking at. Don't listen to anyone that tells you that Buxton has an attitude, I have talked to probably 50 more people who bought from Buxton and all were very happy.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       10-04-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
I'd seriously entertain the idea of dropping a little more $$ and picking up a new/newer boat. It's sweet, don't get me wrong but 38 on a 4 year old boat......that's alot.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-04-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Water test it first. One decent thing is that it has the GT40, which has a bit more torque than the Excalibur. Some 02's had the GT40, mine has the excalibur, both good motors.

I am speculating, but the used 210's seem to be holding their value and they have been taken out of the CC line for a new version with different hull and seating. This may mean these become somewhat sought after, but I am guessing on that a bit.

If you decide to negotiate, make them switch out the digital gauges for analog, they will be dead in a year, known issue with these boats. Maybe get him to throw in a heater too. A dealer can do that for a better price and they may be willing since it costs them very little.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-04-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, make them give you a new prop too and keep the old one as a spare. Like an Acme 856 for hole shot.

Definately don't jump at it, do a search on Boattraderonline.com and see what others are asking.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
If you need more opinions on Buxton check here:
http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=55028#550 28
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
red, i am sure they are a good dealership. however when i stopped by (while in dfw area) in 05 they would not even discuss offers on a 04 210 they had with over 250 hrs over a year ago.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-04-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Red, I never said you could get a SANTE with all the options for around $50K. Try reading my post again. You CAN get a Signature series close to that and optonize as you see fit or can afford. IMO, $38,000 for a 4 year old boat is too much. In fact, I think Bocephus just bought one in the low 50's. Boats out of production usually depreciate quicker. Since they are not making the 210 any longer you might find a better deal if you wait.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-04-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm not really commenting on the 38k number, but MSRP on inboards is skyrocketing, which is great for the owner of a used one. My 96 VLX hasn't dropped in value since I bought it in 01.

$10-12k is also a lot of money - enough for a pretty good tow vehicle - for what benefit? Outside of a few tweaks, it's the same boat they build now. Does this one have the digital gauges? That would be the only drawback to an 02 - I think they only used them for a year or two. All the teething issues of a new boat have been worked out by 120 hrs, and so the warranty is of questionable value. If it looks showroom new, there goes that benefit of buying new too...
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Byrd, I wasn't really referring to your post, just using the numbers. I said that you couldn't get a SANTE for that price, and then said that a fully optioned one would cost more. Sorry if I offended you, the post was not meant too. I am more than capable of making it perfectly clear to everyone when I want to offend someone. Sorry again.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-04-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
That is an awful lot of money for a used boat. Especially one that is about to be five years old.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-04-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
agree with trace. 120 hrs in showroom condition is a new boat. let the seller take the 12k hit. it won't deprec as fast as a new one, thats for sure. and what would you get with a new boat that you won't with this one? assuming you could still buy the 210... which you can't. so this one may be soughtafter in a few yrs
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-04-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Your right Nacho, you would still be getting an ugly tower, lol....I like the 210's and nautiques in general, but man those towers are just plain ugly IMO.

Red, non taken, just making sure knew what I was talking about...
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-04-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
I think it sounds like you're definitely getting a fair deal.

Dan, I have an '02, and I can tell you that it's a great boat. You still have the seperat flip up seats in the back ('03 is all one piece), it throws a fabulous wake, and the Nautique quality is solid.

The only thing I recommend if you pick it up is to have the guages replaced (or maybe you can work it into the deal). The digital gauges on the '02 really sucked. Mine went bad twice. After the second time, dealer told me that Nautique is aware of the problem and they were willing to sell replacement Faria gauges to '02 owners at cost (though I believe I still had to pay for installation). I'm much happier with the Faria gauges...

Upload
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-04-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
Only changes you are really gonna see for that 10-12k if you buy an 06 is uglier graphics, uglier tower, nicer gauges, seperate ballast switches. 120 hours is nothing, especially if it's garage kept.

I bought an 02 2 yrs ago with 110 hours and a dual axle trailer. 42k from a private party. In two seasons we replaced the trailer brakes, updated the head unit, replaced the busted amp, customized the ballast to sacks with seperate switches for all three, and re-oiled the teak.

I need new gauges, but the PP works so it's just a matter of function really. I would think the boat is worth 40k, or 20k less than what a new one with all those trimmings is costing. No mechanical trouble at all, runs like a champ.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
Sounds very high to me. A guy around here got a 01 for around 31 it prestine condition. But no used boat is the same.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       10-06-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Well I pulled the trigger. Bought the boat Weds night after a test drive. The boat and trailer had both been freshly washed and detailed, and an electrical issue with the ballast system was fixed.

Took her out last night for a couple of sets - conditions were awesome and I felt like I rode really well. My new LF Fish really seems to like these SAN 210 wakes and I felt like my jumps were really big and my knees and ankles are sore from landing so many tricks out in the flats - I guess I need to let the rope out another length ;-)

Seriously, I am super happy with the boat. Buxton treated me really fairly, and their service is unprecedented in my experience. My friends are all very impressed with teh new ride, and I am loving it too! Thanks to all for the feedback and input!
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-06-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
Congrats on your new boat. Get us some pictures of it out in the water.