Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    muskoka            03-14-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Classic story - parents want to ski, kids want to wakeboard, everyone needs a boat that will handle some chop well as a runabout. Opinions about a Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV with a Diamond hull vs. a Mastercraft X-30? Why is the MC so much more expensive? Thanks (from the parent) for the feedback.
Old    muskoka            03-15-2006, 4:18 AM Reply   
Also, does the Malibu wedge approach really work?
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-15-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
You probably could go wrong with either boat. Both are great. Go with the one you like better.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-15-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
I am a MC owner and love my boat, but I would go with the LSV. Neither boat will be good for the slalom course, but if its just recreational, either will do fine. You can get a new LSV fairly cheap(compared to the x30). Don't get me wrong, the 30 is a nice boat, but there is something about the LSV that makes me want one.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-15-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
Also, on either boat, make sure you get the bigger motor. An underpowered boat sucks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-15-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
I too am a MC owner, and I would also buy the LSV. I previously owned the LSV and it was an awesome boat.

The wedge is a necessity for that hull in my opinion. It's also convenient for switching from ski mode to wake mode.

I agree with the bigger motor suggestion also.

Are you buying used?
Old    muskoka            03-15-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Thanks. No, I am buying new.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-15-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
The LSV puts out a meaty wake. The skiers probably won't appreciate having to drain sacks, so the wedge is your selling point.

The interior is sooooo plush too. All the new bells and whistles they have are impressive.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-15-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
order the wakesetter 23 lsv w/ the diamond hull, then you have it all.
Old    muskoka            03-15-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
OK, I am sold on the Malibu. Now, should I even think about the 247 LSV, or just stay with the 23 LSV w/diamond hull?
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-15-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
247 is not available with the diamond hull