Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-07-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
I'm getting married! I want to plan a honeymoon to St. Petersburg, FL area. but any other suggestions for a better area would be great. i have a limited funds and have never been to the area. i know there are tons of people from FL on here so, what do you suggest?

dates are from july 18th - ?
Old    gw_mark            06-07-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
Well I am not from Florida of course but I am curious of your progress, how are you doing? What is new of your recovery? Details...
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-07-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
pretty much any place on the beach in the St.Pete/Clearwater/Tampa Bay area would be nice. They all give you access to pretty much anything you want to do.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
Danny - email me. I have a timeshare and would be willing to donate a week for your honeymoon if we can work out the time/dates.
Old    leslisa            06-07-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
Hi Danny,

What types of things do you and your bride to be like to do besides wakeboarding?

Florida has so much to do. Are you interested in sun rises, or natural scenery, the amusement parks, etc. We also have some great resorts that you can get at reasonable prices if you want it "all in one place."

Lisa
Old    wakenboard            06-07-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
Destin is always a great place. Absolutely beautiful beaches (whitest sand you've ever seen), great spots for boating, fishing, and wakeboarding-you should really check it out!}
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-07-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
I'd recommend Key West - great party spot and can also be very romantic. Beautiful sunsets and some really nice hotels.

Just be aware that summer in Florida means HOT and HUMID, and in Tampa/St. Pete that means thunderstorms just about everyday at 4pm - just ask the locals.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2004, 3:32 PM Reply   
Yea Destin is great... thats where I live so I don't look at it so much as a destination 'to be' but but hundreads of other couples and families do. Check it out and let me know if I can be of any help.
Paul B.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-07-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
Don't know anything about Florida, but am also curious of your progress. I wish you well bro.

SFH
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-07-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Yeah I would suggest Getting a rental car and driving to the keys that way you can do Key Largo, Islmorada (Holiday Isle where wakeboard worlds to place in 1994!!!) and finish it off in the keys, that would be awesome.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-07-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
'Saint Pete, FL' is where Jake and I live. we are about 15 minutes from the beach. Treasure Island is a hoppin' spot and so is clearwater also another spot is saint pete beach.

Clearwater has beautiful beaches and is only about 20 minutes (about 15 miles) from St. Pete. We have the Intercoastal to wakeboard on and quite a few close lakes. Lotsa bars and fun things to do in clearwater. very clean too.

Treasure Island has a boardwalk with lotsa shops and eaterys. you can stay right on the beach. There are several night clubs close by and Johns Pass is a kool little spot which is in Treasure Island. (Maderia Beach)

Also on Saint Pete Beach is the Don Ceasar. BEAUTIFUL hotel. pricey, but very upscale. anywhere along SPB there are several restaurants and clubs and beach bars. two really good ones are Woodys and the Undertow. good nitelife there.

as far as the storms that bill speaks of they just started..had one yesterday and one today..they ussually last thru July but are only about 10-20 minutes long. normally just rain and some thunder..they are normally around 4-6 pm. (after all morning/afternoon at the beach its nice to just chill and watch the rain...) then the sun comes out hardcore again and stays light until around 9pm. and after a good rain all the water is GLASS.

Hope that info helps.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2004, 10:03 PM Reply   
Danny, I am not sure about Florida, but if your up for Hawaii I have a partnership in a condo in Princeville on the island of Kaui. I have 5 weeks a year. It's a 2 bedroom condo full kitchen, bar and pool right in front. 1/2 block from the best golf course in Hawaii "Princeville" and a mile or so from the beaches. I have about 3 weeks I am not using between now and the end of the year. Serious if your interested shoot me an e-mail and I will give you the dates I have. I have them at my office, but I am pretty sure we had 10 days in July and maybe a week or so a month after. It would be free.

I have some picture I could send if you're interested.

Let me know! Cheers, Jonathan

jfrench@crowncapitalsecurities.com
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-07-2004, 10:06 PM Reply   
oh Danny..the Siratta is a really kool beach spot on SPB (if ya don't take one of these free offers! check it out!)
Old    wakenboard            06-07-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
Just warning you, depending on where you're driving from the Keys can be a lot farther of a drive than you realize. You don't want to spend half your honeymoon driving south and it could be crazy with tourists although there are some nice secluded spots.
Old    obsurfer            06-08-2004, 12:21 AM Reply   
Danny go to Kaui even if you have to eat PJ's all week for lunch!!!1
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-08-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
I work with a guy who was down at the keys a couple weeks ago and he said the traffic sucd. I guess everyone down there has no place to go and alot of the drive is 2 lane so no easy passing. He said he wont go back.
I live about 25 minutes from destin so i know its a great area but only if you plan on doing things we have around here. No amusement park but we do have waterslide parks and manyother things to do.
Any specific questions just ask or email me.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-08-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Oh my gosh! you guys rock! thanks for all the info. i posted this yesterday before leaving work and i get back today to see all this. thanks for all the insight. as for rain and thunderdstorms, bring it on! we dont know what rain is in AZ, so a little rain would be refreshing. Hawaii! holy cow, Natalie's dream. I'll deffinetly hit you up johnathan for more details.

as for my recovery, things couldnt be better. all my outpatient therapists were shocked to see how far i have come. some had to recheck my paperwork to see if the doctors were confused about what my injury was. everything is going good, frustrating at times, but all i can do is be thankful for what i have back thus far i guess.

i wear a brace on my right leg to keep me from dragging my foot when i walk, and my right hand has yet to start working properly. in time it should all come back.

thanks!
danny

(Message edited by board4food1 on June 08, 2004)
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-08-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
Danny, check your e-mail.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
Wow! Sounds like you might want to call Christie Fischer. That's a offer you can't pass up!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Christy and Jonathan, you both rock, what a blessing to see the greatness and generosity of wakeworld!! Danny, have a great honeymoon, you have alot of people praying for both your health and your marriage!
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
thanks a lot to all that posted.

kristie fischer has got to be the coolest person ever! MAUI HAWAII here we come!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-09-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
Danny,
You guys are gonna love Maui. It's one of the coolest places I've ever visited!!
Cheers to you both!!