Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-07-2011, 7:53 PM Reply   
Just got the word from LF that my Closed Toe Watsons I shipped back for warranty reasons will not be exchanged for the same item. They said they're out of stock of 9-10 2011 Watsons FOR THE SEASON instead they offered me any other pair of LF bindings in exchange. So between the Shanes, Sovens, Vantages, and Harleys; which should I go with?
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-07-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
The Harleys would be the most similar, all the others have velcro to some degree, which isn't necessarily bad, just different. Generally the velcro is more flexible but offers less support.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-07-2011, 9:18 PM Reply   
yeah ive expereienced the lack of support with velcro bindings when trying my buddies bindings. except the sovens, boy those highbacks are stiff. how do those harleys ride?
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
To me the Harley's look exactly like this year's Transit, except with the air footbed and a closed toe. Look at the stitching, it's in all the same places on both boots, and both have the rubber stretch zone in the back. I have a pair of the transits coming my way with a new witness board. I've not yet graduated to closed toe, and the package deal for $400 was just too good to pass up. If I wind up not liking the Transit I'll ebay em and get me the Ultra, now those look sweet.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2011, 6:27 AM Reply   
Sorry got sidetracked, to answer your question. I've ridden Shane's for a few years now. Can't speak for the 2011 with the velcro strap, but in general they will be more flexibile than the Watson you're used to. Of the bindings you listed I'd think the Harley would be closest to the Watson you've had, but you really can't go wrong with LF boot IMO...
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-08-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info dustin; I never compared the stitching to there othe boots. Your guess that Harleys would be the most similar was my guess as well. I still find it hard to believe that liquid force could have ran out of 9 - 10 Watsons in the month of March. Hopefully they can dig some up. But if not, ill go Gnarley with Harleys.