Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    akman            06-20-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
Well I got to spend the weekend in and around the 06' Wakeworld VLX and thought I would offer up my thoughts on the boat.

The boat has that big boat feel without being a monster on the waterways, it handled boat chop very well and turned above average for it's size.

Storage was phenomenal, for those of you that spend all day on the water this would be a good boat to do it in. The rear lockers were huge with plenty of room in them even with a sack in each side.

Tower and bimini....the tower is different and does take some getting used to but overall is very functional. The bimini was big and did the job although I think it could be a little lower. Attaching the rope to the tower was impossible for me since I am vertically challenged in the height department (5'9") and that's being generous on my height. If they were to come with a small zipper hole in the middle it would be a HUGE plus in my opinion.

Gadgets....lots of them and they were all very functional, the ballast gauge read-outs were nice. They allowed you to move from front to back and watch a serious of pictures telling you how full they were.

Now I will get to the main thing everyone always asks about a boat......."how is the wake"

We rode with stock ballast (1250) plus 200lbs sacks in each rear locker and 100lbs of lead in the bow plus the wedge.

The wake was big, hard and clean, it had a long transition and a good kick at the top. The boat could have used a little more bow weight to keep it from having big bow rise but once up to speed it was fine. The wake was wider than what I am used to (SANTE) but easy to manage good pop and take tricks wake to wake. I had to choke 5' off from what I normally ride (80') but after a few jumps it was fine.

To me (and this is only my opinion) so don't flame me (mastercraft owners) the wake was cleaner, a little bigger and much harder than the X2 with similar weight.

I still prefer my SANTE and it's smallness and steep wake but for those looking for a big boat without the big boat feel the VLX is well worth the look and throws a great wake.

I can only imagine with more weight up front say 200lbs and a little more in the rear it would get really big and with a 60 gallon fuel tank and the big motor that was in this one 375hp it had plenty of hole shot and then some.

Just offering up some feedback and information to the masses.

Thanks for the pulls Dave......

Gramps