Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                08-01-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
does anyone use this or has anyone used it? i am looking at getting something new and it is either b/t liquid edition, vegas, or premiere....not sure on premiere just b/c i cant seem to figure it out too well.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
look at Avid DV. its a better program for entry level editting, especially if you plan to do professional work eventually. i taught my dog how to use it, so it is very intuitive.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-02-2004, 5:56 AM Reply   
I have liquid edition 5.5. I got it a few months ago but just within the last month have i really been able to work with it. Liquid edition is pretty amazing. It has been a little hard to learn at first (My dog is EXTREMLY smart and he's having a hard time with it). I found these tutorials> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PBN/default2_n.asp which made it alot easier.
I love LE. I like the way you can make anything, like an effect or a editor(which does just about anything you can think of to a clip in anyway you want it to) and save just the way it manipulates the video and apply it to other clips. I made an editor that i called "blue water corrector". It turns the muddy water i always board in alot more blue but still makes all the other colors look great. LE has chroma key(where you can make a certain color transparent) and alot more.
I can't type to much, i'm at work, but You should definatly check out those tutorials. They show you what the program is capable. There is even one that shows the differences from Premiere.
I have made some videos with it but none are wakeboard related. As soon as i do i'll post it.

(Message edited by shutupandboard on August 02, 2004)
Old                08-02-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
is it worth learning liquid edition over premiere? cause i use studio 9, but i think im ready to upgrade to something bigger and better.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2004, 5:35 AM Reply   
Did you watch any of the tutorials and comparasons? I made the descision to go with liquid edition, so i thought so, but my needs will be different than yours. Because of working with studio 8 and 9, i really wanted scene detection. LE can split up scenes, a few different ways, at capture or anytime after that if you want to change the way they're split. At the time i didn't think premiere even had scene detection at all. That's just one reason. You really should learn as much as you can about the programs. I don't think you could go wrong either way though.
Old                08-03-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
yea, i watched a lot of the tutorials. i really like the scene detection in studio 9, i think i would like to stick w/ pinnacle since i am already familiar with it.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
Kung Fu, Your here. Do you have a take on Pinnacle LE? I would be interested in your opinion.... If you have one on it.