Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-16-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details_extreme.php?id=3279

let me ask, who is the guy wakesurfing in the backwater in this footage. Maybe he didn't see that they were filming. And who wakesurfs on the back in Oct? Take that out to the main lake if you must wakesurf. Right? Maybe I'm wrong?Maybe they wanted him to be going 9 mph while they were filming makin huge wakes for them to double up, I don't get it, I know they dont own the lake, but show some regard maybe?

Enjoy some great footage of great riders. Thought I would share.

Quiksilver riders Kickash!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-16-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
thanks for posting. that was cool to watch.
not sure what they were doing surfing there though. I dont think the main lake allows ballast though, so maybe they can't surf in the main lake.
I wonder if Jacob ever gets starstruck anymore?
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-16-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
sweet
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-16-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
Maybe they were filming the wakesurfing at the same time, it is Quicksilver...

Good video
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-16-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
I'm telling ya... fricken surfers are everywhere!

We were fortunate enough to see the Valdez brothers ride up here this summer. They're both amazing. Jacob is so advanced for a kid his age!
Old     (bp909)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-16-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
and what were those guys doing wakeboarding in a Slalom Course. Don't they know that is for slalom skiers only. Where is the ski patrol when you need 'em?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-16-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
GM - Isn't it obvious that someone sneaked a slalom course into the wakeboard area. Probably some idiot who thinks he owns the whole damn place.

Gayest thing ever, someone wakesurfing back there, beachboys blasting through the speakers.

Jacob gets starstruck every time he sees Eddie...
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-17-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
I think the better question is who is even riding when they could watch Benny G and the Vandall. I probably would have just sat and watched either of them ride all day.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-17-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
That was a nice video.

As for the wakesurfing... people never cease to amaze me.

With riding like that, I don't think Jacob should be star struck. That was legit.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-18-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
Josh...I did just that the next day they were filming...it was great spending time with Ricky G and Randall....they are such great guys.

I won't mention any names but another local was out there surfing during the filming the next day. I was sitting in the front on a full bag and almost got bounced off of it from the surf wakes. And it was in the middle of filming.

Great video!!!!
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
sick video...but what is with all the wakesurfing hate, its fun as hell...
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-19-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
It was for sure a solid video, especailly for a couple of sets im guessing, but with those guys thats all you really need. I haven't seen the valdezs ride in awhile, probably since i was shooting with them for Almost Famous.

I must say that sesing Jacob now you can tell he has only progressed, hes boosten off that wake. I would say the same about Eddie with all the pictures i see now. Its good to see.

Thanks for the vid it looks good.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-19-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
super cool styles...all three have different ones too which makes it a cool video to watch.
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Those that pay their monthly association dues are probably out there surfing in the backwater in October.

No ballast allowed on the main lake.

Three passes or 15 minutes two boats at a time is how it's supposed to work. Dosen't matter what you want to do with your time, it's your time. I've seen Pro's on tubes back there.

Could they have stopped surfing? Probably if someone would have asked to share the water one boat at a time.

Nice footage.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-20-2007, 11:25 PM Reply   
I can't believe it, is this a Rory Holladay post?? Will wonders never cease! Hugs to Annette!
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-21-2007, 1:06 AM Reply   
Why is it that wakeboarders think they automatically own all water on the earth?

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-21-2007, 3:14 AM Reply   
Upload