Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
I currently have a '99 MasterCraft 210VRS, same hull as the X-10, and I am thinking about "upgrading" I typically have 4-6 people in the boat and wondered which of these boats would be more accommodating. Or maybe I am better off with what I have until I have more money to buy something else.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
I'm assuming you are referring to the original SAN 210. Both of those boats are a little smaller but with 4-6 you may be a little crowded but not uncomfortable. It also depends on if you fill the bow or floor with fat sacs, that makes the boat dance a little more physical. In regards to one versus the other, they are very similar dimension wise. I think the Nautique is easier to drive and handles chop better, but as much as I love the 210 wake, I prefer the 205V. You will be looking at a major wake upgrade.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
The wake is the only reason I am even thinking about it. I would prefer all sacs to be hidden. And yes, I ment the older SAN.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Doesn't the SAN require less weight than the 205v? It seems like people on wakeworld are running 1500-2000 pounds in their SAN's but 2000-3500 in their 205V. If so it is going to be a lot easier to hide the weight in the SAN. In a SAN you could probably do 1000-1200 in the rear hidden, the locker sac in the middle full plus 500 pounds of lead or so under the front seats.
Old    mojo            07-27-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
from my experience the older hull 210(06 and earlier) does take less weight to build a nice wake, but you can put the same amount in both and eventually the wakes will be similar size. the mastercraft wake will be wider, less hard, and less lippy. 210 does handle alot better, but the bow naturally sits lower than the mc. if you want a super poppy wake with alot of pop go with the nautique. if you want a wake with a slightly longer transition and a little less pop go with the mc. when i say less pop i only mean the wake is not packed like a nautique so it's not as explosive. your ability to fly will not be limited.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
My buddies SAN gets a lot of weight, he has 750s in the locker, a custom 800 in the belly, a bow sac in the nose that weighs about 450 and maybe 200 in lead for balance. We also usually add a 500 on the floor. Wake gets ridiculous large.

If you were to do a similar weighting to a 205V, you would end up with a very good wake. With the 205V you can pretty much keep stacking on weight and it will just get bigger and bigger. The guys that are putting 3,500 in the 205 are going for max wake, a SAN with the same is also ridiculous, but different.

I think the key is to essentially take whatever factory system is there, out. You want bags that can get out of the way when you are not riding. Hard tanks kill your space.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
I'm running 2000 lbs in my boat now (the 210VRS). 500 in the bow, 400 in the ski locker,and 1100 in the rear. How much more would it take to make my wake big? I'm thinking of swaping my 550s in the back for 750s. Beyond that I will pretty much need to go to lead or steel to gain anything without taking up space on the floor. Is a big wake on the X-10 hull possible or do I need to change boats?
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-27-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
IMO, those are two of the best 3 wakes money can buy, you can't go wrong with either. I would test ride them both before making a decision, they are different (not extremely different, but different). Only reason I prefer and bought a 205V is it takes more weight so you can get more types of wakes out of it. The other side of that argument has already been mentioned- the 210 doesn't need as much weight.

If you dump the back of a 205V you'll get a vert wake similar to the 210, if you dump the front you'll get a more rampy star style wake (not nearly the ramp of the star though). I've never gotten a rampy wake out of a 210, but that's not bad because the vert wake it gives you is so f'n sick.