Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
I've been in the market for a while now looking for a new boat. I've always been a CC fan, but didn't want to part with the $$$ for one, but I came across a deal to good to pass up. A 2002 demo boat Super Air Nautique, still licensed as new (allowing me to get a lower financing rate and the full factory warranty) for $36.5k with a bimini top and tandem axle trailer. From the shopping around that I've done, I feel pretty good about the deal.

Bad news is that I've got to ship it across the country. I'm a bit worried about it fitting in my garage as well. I'd like to get it straight in. I've got a 22' deep garage. The boat is 21'2", the trailer doesn't have a swingaway tongue, though I'm going to have one installed. Does anyone have any experience with Eagle tandem axles? I'd be interested to hear if it's realistic for me to get it in. I know I can do it if I angle the trailer, but I'm really hoping to get it straight back in. Any insights?

super air
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-20-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Congrats Tommy. Keep in mind that the swim deck can com off plus if you get the toungue cut off to make it removeable should help. The thing that you might look into for and eagle trailer is height. (Sorry don't mean to worry you.) I can vouch that Dorsey tandems and Prestige tandems and singles will fit in a standard height garage.

By the way, where did you buy this boat from?
Old    steveb7            06-20-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
not to rain on your parade, but I doubt it. I also have a 22 ft garage which means inside diminsions are about 21'8". I have a 21 ft (exactly) malibu, added the swing away tongue and now have about a half inch clearance.
pretty tight
Old    steveb7            06-20-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
I do have Malibu's wedge which may make the difference to allow you to park inside. Folded down it adds about 4 inches to the legth
wedge
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
Holy smokes Steve, nice job getting it in there!! I'm thinking that I'm going to be in a similar position with mine. If I remove the swim platform, I may be able to make it, but may very well just have to angle it in a bit. I hadn't given the height any thought, but wouldn't think I'd have to worry about it with the tower folded down, would I?
Old    whitechocolate            06-20-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
"YOU CAN DOOOOO ITTTTTT"
Old    whitechocolate            06-20-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/dhm
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Might be cheaper to have the garage extended, my grandfather did that on his, not the whole height, but the level that he needed to clear. Added about 3 feet to the back.

It also will save you the major hassle of removing the swim step and tongue everytime and having to do a precision back up to within a 1/2 an inch. Might not work, it will depend on your layout of the garage, but thought I would throw that out.

Nice boat!
Old    stormrider            06-20-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
36.5 out the door, taxes, title, license, everything? Heater? Does the dealer have another one at that price?
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
no, unfortunately not including tax & license. Now, that would be a deal. No heater, no center ballast. I figure I'll use 300 lbs of lead, and basically have the same wake as a TE with the center ballast. For 2002, all Super Air's had the 520 lb rear tanks.

He's a dealer who stopped selling Nauty's, so that's the last...
Old    chase            06-20-2003, 10:28 AM Reply   
If you don't buy it let me know! That is a great deal. I wouldn't sell you my boat for that and it's a 2001 with 150 hours! Enjoy!!!!!!
Old    stormrider            06-20-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
Still an awesome deal! Ignore Chase, if the deal doesn't work I wanna be first!!! Or, hey, Chase, I'll flip you for it! Seriously, enjoy your new boat. No center ballast-- no worries. I've seen people throw tricks on SANS and land in the next county with just 800#.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I couldn't be more stoked. I'm making plans for the stereo equipment, and will post pics once it's all said and done...
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-20-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
Steve-
Thats creepy, you have the exact same boat as me and it fits exactly the same way. I have to pull the wedge off though. It took a few holes in the drywall to figure that out.
Old    chase            06-20-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
Steven,
Maybe we'll just "flip" behind Tommy's new boat! Sorry, that was a pretty lame joke!

Tommy,
I use the Skylon locker sack and I think it holds like 600lbs. You may want to check into one of those. Mine works great!
Old    stormrider            06-20-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
Chase, that's a good one. I definitely left myself open for that!
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
J-ro,

Maybe you should learn how to drive it then
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-20-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
tommy, is that the cat in arkansas with the yellow 2002?
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-20-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
okay, i'm retarted - i just saw the pic - it's red. there's also a dealer in arkansas with his last nautique, but he wants way more than that for his... maybe i'll direct him to this post and try to get a better deal...
Old    gotpwr            06-20-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
Here's how my 21ft Air Nautique fits. I have a removable tongue and put it in at a slight angle. After sticking the left speedometer pickup into the drywall numerous times and breaking two pickups, I finally hacked a hole in the wall for it. Now I have a little extra room to play with.
Front
Rear

(Message edited by gotpwr on June 20, 2003)