Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-05-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
So weird question here. It seems like the volume knob (ring) for the tower speakers on my WS420 is not linear. What I mean is that it feels like 99% of the adjustment in the volume happens by the time I'm about 5/8 of the way through the travel of the knob. Meaning that I can have the volume at a bit past half or wide open and the result seems to indistinguishable. Now if I go to the headhunit and adjust it up or down a few clicks (out of 50) when the WS420 is halfway open or full open I can definitely hear THAT difference in volume.

Anybody else have this experience or am I just trippin?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-06-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
Nobody else?
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-06-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
Both volume knobs on mine are linear. My previous 420 was linear as well. I keep my gains set low to protect stuff against jackassery. That might have something to do with it, I dunno. Maybe try some spray contact cleaner?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-06-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
yeah my gains are low too. Or more properly stated, they are set with the volume knobs on the ws420 cranked WFO. Maybe I should reset the gains with the knobs not quite wide open and see if I get my desired result.