Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       02-11-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
Can anyone help with this please? I would like to add a ballast bag in each side of the trunk on top of the current tanks. I know Wakemakers has a kit. But it is almost twice as much as the pair of side sacks that it uses. Does anyone have a parts list to make this a plug n play (plumbed in) system without buying their kit?

Thanks
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-11-2011, 5:18 PM Reply   
Their kits are fairly priced once you start piecing it out. What year VLX?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-11-2011, 5:48 PM Reply   
Their kit is all the parts you need to do the job, all the did was get all the parts together so you didn't have to. You'd pay the same if you tried to piece the system together yourself.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       02-11-2011, 5:57 PM Reply   
I installed the hard tanks from my 04 VLX over the rear hard tanks in my 09 V ride. Works great and I really don't need more than 800 lbs in the rear with the power wedge. Some may disagree on the amount of weight, but I've never had an complaints on the wake.
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       02-11-2011, 6:10 PM Reply   
08 vlx. I cant believe it would be $200 in connections and hose. Has anyone done this before without the kit?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-11-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
I am getting prepared to add a seperate fill/drain system from factory MLS system to my 2011 VLX. I am adding the 750 lb bags to each compartment. The price for $200 is pretty reasonable. I am looking at approx. $300 per side with the JABSCO pumps, 1" thru hull intakes, ball valves, 1"line, hose clamps, quick disconnects, etc.... this does not even include the 750lb bag which would have added another $300 to the total cost.

I have shopped around online and wakemakers seems to have the best prices on bags, fittings, and pumps. They are also very knowledgeable on ballast systems and have very good customer service if you ever have any questions.

The cheapest option for you would be to spend $100 for a portable Tsunami pump to fill and drain the bags.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-12-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmcmillenx View Post
08 vlx. I cant believe it would be $200 in connections and hose. Has anyone done this before without the kit?
It includes the bags, which is why it's just over $200. It's only $60 for the parts.