Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (skippabcool)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-05-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Curious if anyone has any experience with the custom Liquid Force surf boards? The Custom Thruster, Custom Quad, or the Chase Sixer.
Old     (skippabcool)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-09-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
Nobody has any experience?

I did get some responses on another site if anyone is interested. http://www.tigeowners.com//forum/showthread.php?t=18942
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-10-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
Custom Thruster is decent to learn on because it is slower and more stable. The movements must be exaggerated to cut. Going from it to a XXX Nitro is like going from a large family car to sports car with quick steering.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-11-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
Skipp... you won't find a lot of love on this forum for what are considered largely wakeboard brands. First, the LF 'customs' are not really customs. They are production models produced in China. Calling them custom is a marketing ploy. Not that this is much different than many other brands. In my opinion the thruster and quad are decent beginner boards. By all accounts they are relatively slow and have a bit too much volume that is likely off putting to more advanced riders. I personally believe LF recognized the resurgent interest in wake surfing and dropped those two models on the market a couple years ago in response to the fact that they didn't have a decent performance oriented surf-style board. I have not ridden the sixer, but have designed boards similar to it. It is a more advance board, and requires more work and more skill to exploit its potential.