Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bandsecurity)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-05-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
Anyone know of a good stereo guy in Sacramento. I am looking for someone to install amp, speakers and EQ. I would rather not go to a shop and pay high rates
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-05-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
I took all my equipment to Acme and had them test and install it. Yeah I paid a bit for it but Ben has been there anytime I have had an issue or question. It was worth it tome to have them do it.

( I should have listened to Ben and his battery recommendation though because now I'm having issues)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-05-2010, 3:35 PM Reply   
We use Chucktronics in Lodi. You get what you pay for with stereo equipment. I'd rather get it right the first time and pay a few bucks for it. Nothing bugs me more than having to go back and re-do a system.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-05-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
Acme Top and Tunes in Sacramento does real nice work at a fair price. Give Ben a call, 916-429-2293
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-05-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
+1 for chucktronics, we had our system done locally, and it turned out terrible, brought it up to him after a direct recommendation from tim at wet sounds, and they did a great job.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-05-2010, 5:28 PM Reply   
Ive heard great things about ACME..

I remember seeing a Nautique Chucktronics did a few years ago at Spring Ride and it was top quality.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
PM sent...
Old     (bandsecurity)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-05-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
I got a couple of PMs and some solid leads. As some said, it is better to get it done right the first time and some times that costs a little more $. Thanks.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-05-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
I'd also say "spend a little extra" to know it is done right.

(but then again, that is why I do it myself...)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-05-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Mike Im with you: I would rather not go to a shop and pay high rates let me know when you find someone that works for cheep. I wanna re do my system and I don't wanna pay and cant afford JACK.
give me the guy's number that hooks you up.
Old    kidrik            02-06-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
Another vote for Ben and his crew at ACME. Cool guys and clean work.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-07-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
+1 for Acme. They have done multiple things for me. Always on time, at price quoted and super clean installs. You get what you pay for and that includes headaches and drama......

Rick
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2010, 12:09 AM Reply   
I work with them both and you won’t find two better shops within a couple hours drive of Sacramento. Neither one will probably be your "Cheapest" option but both will offer excellent "Value" in getting your boat done right. I know that both shops have fixed many boats done by shade tree installers and “cheap shops”......You will need to check with each shop on labor rates but I think they both charge more if you do it yourself first...LOL
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-10-2010, 6:23 AM Reply   
I Live in Millbrae right next to the San Francisco Airport. I used had a local guy install my complete Wetsounds system. They did a horrible job. I let them try to fix it for over a period of a year and 15 different times, still wrong. I even had Wetsounds involved trying to help them fix it. Finally Wetsounds suggested Ryan at Chucktronics. Ryan ripped out the whole system and rewired it correctly and now it rocks. The cost to remove and reinstall was less than I paid to just do the install originally. I highly recommend the work at Chucktronics. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. You won't go wrong.
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-16-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
make sure they follow USCG code's

a lot of these shops do not
and if you ever have a insurance claim, you will get denied big time!!!

I have installed numerous stereo's, mainly ones that were customer installed, you should see the mess they made, LOL