Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
My brother and i are looking at a super air naut team 210. it is clean. 250 hours, 39 G's. we called the dealer where it is serviced, and they said "they are one of our top five customers" they have had it serviced like every fifty hours.
any suggestions or good or bad to say about this boat? is there any way to get a good beginner wake out of this monster? (we got women and children to pull too)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-08-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
I have ridden behind the DD version of this hull, the Sport Nautique both weighted and unweighted. Unweighted the wake is still a great shape and firm, but smaller. The nice thing for beginners, IMHO, is the narrow width of the wake. That way they can learn to go wake to wake without having to ride a shorter rope. Shorter ropes always made it tough to edge out to me. Quality is top notch and the wake is a tried and true design, many people wish they still made this hull.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-08-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
One of the best boats ever made. Hard to beat a clean 210 IMO
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
im pretty sure the wake is mellow without ballest full but you can really kick it into high gear when it is full. i love the boat, but thats me. its great all around, nice seating arangment and not to over done.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
stephen i would have got a nautique if they kept that hull in 07... bad move on there part. why change a great thing? oh yeah and its such a well built boat.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
awesome boat, awesome wake...
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
sorry guys i am new....what is "DD" what is "IMHO"
thanks for the input!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
DD = Direct Drive

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 10:43 PM Reply   
will i need to add more weight?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-08-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   

quote:

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 9:40 pm:

One of the best boats ever made. Hard to beat a clean 210 IMO

i couldn't agree more.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2008, 11:57 PM Reply   
that wake is solid just stock ballest, if you want to you can but it is deffinitly not needed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-09-2008, 12:50 AM Reply   
i think it needs more weight though not a lot, but to each his own.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       05-09-2008, 2:43 AM Reply   
I have to agree, one of the best years of the 210. It was the last year of the reverse prop.
Check out www.planetnautique.com
Is it a team edition?
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-09-2008, 4:35 AM Reply   
newwhit I've towed many beginner riders behind my 03 210 and the wake without ballast is fine. Add 4-500lb of lead in the nose to make it even more mello. You will not be dissapointed, the super air 210 is one of the best wake machines ever made.

(Message edited by stxr_racer on May 09, 2008)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-09-2008, 5:04 AM Reply   
really nice boat and wake- however a couple of points to consider -

the wake is the very steep, very narrow, and has the biggest kick of any known wake (this is my opinion- your mileage may vary)

due the narrowness of the hull- the boat is extemely sensitive to weight placement.

really look at the interior and how many peeps normally go out - the interior is small.

overall, it i would call the older 210 a hard core riders boat - it is great ride for 3-4 (5 might be pushing it)
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
Ihave an '02, and we love it. The wake is a bit intimidating for newbies even without ballast. Generally if we have new riders on, that means the boat's pretty full, which obviously means increased ballast...

They generally say that it looks intimidating, but get used to it pretty quickly.

As for the interior, I wouldn't consider it small at all. Maybe if you compare it to a big Calabria or Sanger V237, but compared to the same year X-Star I looked at when I bought new (old XStar body style), it's got a ton more room. We regularly go out with 8, no problem. 10 (which it's rated for) is pushing it though...
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-09-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
it is a team edition!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-09-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Buy it!!
Old    K.B.C.            05-09-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
The 210 is the shizz! You won't be disappointed. Clubmyke has some valid points, however if you're coming from an 18 ft I/O it will not seem like a small boat.
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-09-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
i have a 210 and my friends that learned on this boat that are still in the beginner stages dont like going behind inferior wakes. they say its harder for them to go W2W. the old 210 is the best hull made.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
It is an incredible wake. I love the wake without any ballast and with stock. It surprises me that anyone would need/want more weight in it than that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
It depends what you are used to, i find the 210 pretty whimpy with factory only but it fattens up nicely with some extra.
Old     (nautiquechick04)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-09-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
I have a 05 210, love that boat! Buy it, you won't be disappointed. The wake with stock ballast might be a little intimidating to beginners, but they'll get used to it fast. I've pulled people that have never wakeboarded behind my boat and they were fine. Add some weight and the wake is AMAZING!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-09-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Another plus,

We rode five sets behind my boat today. Total fuel consumption with 1600lbs of ballast was ten gallons. The 210 is one of the best gph wake boats ever made.
Old    K.B.C.            05-09-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
Cliff, is that with the GT40 or Excalibur and what prop are you running? That is pretty solid, about $8 a set, not bad at all...
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-10-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Another key question is how long of sets those are. Our sets tend to be longer than most, I think...30-40 minutes per. That's double what a lot of people do per set.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-10-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Sets are approx. twenty minutes.

Motor is GT40

Prop is stock, I'll have to check for pitch.

I went out again today. We rode three thirty minute sets and I used a little over six gallons.

Some key fuel saving tips I've found to be helpful.

Coming out of the hole I don't throttle all the way out, I roll on to about three quarters and come back to meet perfect pass.

When my rider goes down I stop completely and wait for the rollers to pass me by before returning to him.

When running to the butter I never run more than about twenty five an hour, and I never run with full ballast.

If possible I will run the full length of the lake before turning around. Turning works the motor a lot harder than running a straight line.

I know I seem a little out there, but with fuel prices so high I'm doing everything in my power to capitalize on the benefits of my boat.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-10-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
I'm with you Cliff, we try to drive smartly too. It makes a difference over the course of a season. I also try to do these things. It also makes the water nicer for other boats if you slow down for the rollers to pass and go back to pick up the rider slowly.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
newwhit. i think i know what boat your talkin about. its not a team its a se. the guy just upgraded the stickers on the side of his boat. and he has had that boat for sale for a while so bargain with him on the price. other then that its a great boat. i would buy for sure.