Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    lakeside5_10            04-16-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
just ordered the future basic box jig kit less router , does anyone know if a chicago p. router will work instead of the ryobi.

High-powered, lightweight tool delivers impressive wood-trimming power. Cutting depth adjusts easily for accurate cuts every time. Includes straight guide. Standard 1/4'' collet accepts most router bits.
110V, 2.4 amp motor
Maximum speed: 28,000 RPM
Tool weight: 2-1/2 lbs.
Upload
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-16-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hey Mark -- from what I can tell that router should work fine. You'll just have to make sure the depth setting is correct every time.
Old    surfdad            04-16-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Mark/Matt I don't think so. The jig for the futures comes with the aluminum plate, the alignment tool (clear plastic shape of the box) and then the collar. The collar is the exact size of the router including the flat front. As Matt points out, you can always adjust the depth, but I don't think the base of that router will fit the recess in the collar.

If you want, I can post a picture of the collar this evening when I get home so that you can get a visual for what I'm talking about.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-16-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Jeff-- now that I think about it, you are right. I totally forgot about the collar... the HF one won't work. Sorry.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-16-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
I've used my router without a template. It's not as accurate, but OK if I take my time.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
me too show...usually werks out ok if i go slow,keep a clean line so you can see it before the blade gets to it
Old    surfdad            04-16-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
You guys are way better than I am. I have to use a straight edge. Before I dropped the $$$$'s on the jig, I laid down a thick yardstick at the appropriate distances. You then only have to freehand the ends where it's curved.

Mark, here is a picture of the collar and the Ryobi router base.

Upload
Old    lakeside5_10            04-17-2008, 4:34 AM Reply   
Hey guys , i work on cars so i dont mind buying proper tools for the job even if i use it once in a blue moon and want the best job the first time. so which router would you recommend then Jeff. and part #
Old    lakeside5_10            04-17-2008, 4:50 AM Reply   
how about the r163k 1.5 hp
Upload
Old    surfdad            04-17-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Hey Mark, I don't honestly know if that one will fit. This evening I can look on the one I have and get you the info, okee dokee?
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-17-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
Hey Mark -- I just looked at my futures specific set up -- it is the TR45.
http://www.ryobitools.com/manuals/TR45K/TR45_en.pdf

if you look at the pic from jeff above you can see there is a small clear plastic plate that is screwed into the bottom that is shaped to fit the collar. the standard TR45 comes with a square plate but looks like from this manual it is removable and then it would likely fit the futures collar -- however the depth would be off - you would have to adjust for that... might work. jeff may have other insights...
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-17-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
hey lake,i been rockin the ryobi 18volt cordless p600..its sweet,i can get about 8 fcs style boxes cut before i have to put a new batt pack in it.i have 2 batt packs total,its been werkn out.
Old    lakeside5_10            04-18-2008, 4:26 AM Reply   
waterdog
will it fit the future fixture jig set up
Old    lakeside5_10            04-18-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
hey everyone .
i reordered the complete kit with router from foam-ez because other place was out of stock for at least 1.5 weeks.
Old     (ianhedburg)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-19-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
It will work if you are using it as a hand held. It wont last long if you mount it. If you use it as a hand held put a hose clamp on the plastic cover. otherwise it will want to move up and down on you...