Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-11-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
Ok, it's debatable if this is a "boat accessory" or not, but it's cool... or will be.
A few friends and I recently purchased this 1968 Westinghouse model 436 golf cart (took a little research to find that) for a whopping $40 bucks.

We plan to lift it, new batteries, wheels, tires, paint, lights, possible stereo, etc etc. Does anybody have any info, ideas, hookups for such a beast?

What it looked like new... actual pics to come...
Old    hyperryd            05-11-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Put an "Enzo" front clip on it with 22" wheels.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-11-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
TOWCART

Fabricate a tower. Put racks on it for skateboards. Speaker cans. Build a teak-looking swim step. Get a Fat Sac filled with air and place across the back. Pull all your kids friends around on skateboards.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
Here... I just did it for you.
Pay me later.

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
A great source for info is www.buggiesunlimited.com. That is where we got all the info for our cart. You are going to have a REAL hard time finding any parts for that cart. You are most likely going to have to fabricate your own lift kit for it. Not too hard actually. We made our own kit for our Yamaha. Get batteries at Costco. Great prices. Lights, look at buggiesunlimited too. Tires and rims are priced great there too. We put a 7 inch lift on our yamaha, polished 10 inch aluminum offset rims and 22 inch tires.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-12-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
It's an undertaking, no doubt. We'll fab up both the front and rear lifts ourselves, welder in tow. I'm in search of wheels with a 5 lug pattern, as most of todays are 4 lug. There is also discussion of a custom tower and bimini for the beast. It's gonna be one of a kind and bada$$ when we're done.
Old     (wakehempy)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-12-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
theres an add in alliance i think...maybe wakeboarding mag, for golf cart refabbing
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-12-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
We plan to do all the work ourselves, minus the paint job perhaps. What I am looking for is good ideas, examples, hookups, etc.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-12-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
finding a 5 bolt pattern for your rims is going to be a real pain. You may have to go to an ATV dealer. Problem with that is they are going to cost you about 10x what you can get 4 bolt cart rims for. If they are the standard 8 inch cart rims, you can put up to a 20 inch tire on them. If the body is fiberglass, use a paint for fiberglass. If it is plastic, you need to use a paint with a special flex agent in it. Same stuff they use to paint car bumpers. For lights, check out buggiesunlimited.com for some recessed sets. Front and tail. We used driving lights from autozone on ours and they are hella bright. about 2ce as bright as the standard recessed lights. got an obnoxiously loud horn from autozone and put it in to. Next project is running blue neons under the body.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-12-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
here it how it looks now. We are painting it next week. Metalic blue with green ghost flames.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-12-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
Plastic.. pfff. Fiberglass.. pfff. The old saying "They don't make em like they used to" comes into full effect with our new project. This thing is full on steel and diamond plate. It's more like a tank in a golf cart body.

Luckily, we've got a local cart shop that is willing to help us track down necessary parts, fab up custom parts, etc. I hope to have some actual pics of the beast by next week.