Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-04-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
I don't know if this has been discussed here before but I just found out about it.

Go to www.live.com and sign up for an account. Do a search for the products you're looking for on Ebay (or anywhere else for that matter) when the google style list comes up pick "live search cashback on Ebay" which then loads the Ebay listings which meet your search criteria. For example get 20% cashback on new Canon lenses when you buy them using a buy it now and pay via paypal.

Microsoft puts the cashback in your paypal account in 4-6 weeks. I've got $276 (30%) coming back on a Trijicon ACOG I've been wanting for my AR.

Just make sure you have a live.com account, a paypal account and an Ebay account and you must go through live.com to end up at the ebay listing you're interested in.

It looks like they're giving 20% cashback on all Canon/nikon stuff. You can use this feature up to 12 times.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-04-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Rich, I've used this before in the past. Sweet discount that people aren't aware of.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-05-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
For some reason I can't find the link to the live search cashback on Ebay... I must be missing something
Looking for a 70-200 2.8 lens and/or a fisheye
Have to wait to buy the due to the price, but if I can pull down 20% I'll order them tonight!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-05-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
Nevermind - found it, but once I'm in Ebay, the only discount it's talking about is 15% for signing up for their credit card, does the 20% show anywhere or do you just have to wait till checkout?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-06-2008, 7:46 AM Reply   
You must sign up for a live.com account and then log in and search for the Canon via the live.com search engine. The resulting list will show a selection called live search results on ebay. Select that and you'll see a new ebay screen with all the eligible auctions on ebay. At the top of that page you'll see the cashback percentage. From there do a buy it now and pay via paypal. You'll see an icon saying this purchase is eligible for cashback on every screen during the process but there's nothing you need to click or enter at that point. Once the purchase is complete check your messages in my ebay. After the message that you'll be getting cash back appears go to your live.com account and click on cashback and you should see it there as well. It will take 4-6 weeks before it shows up in your paypal account. They say you must also make the purchase within 1 hour of logging into live.com.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-06-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
There is a cap of $200 cashback as well, so keep that in mind.

But they had 30% MS cashback, and then a 10% off coupon on black friday that lasted through the weekend (So 40% off your order!).

It's great, but when you are trying to not spend a dime, you see all this crap that you now need
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-06-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
It appears the discounts are changing daily, the Canon stuff was 20% yesterday and today it's 15%. I'm not sure where you're getting this $200 limit? I got $276 on a purchase.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-06-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
Hmm, I wonder if that changes with the amount of the discount (I was going off of the 30% cashback deal (that's the only one I've been using, so maybe they do change it based on the percentage refunded).

But if you have the funds, and can wait 60 days to get the money it's an INCREDIBLE deal!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-06-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up!

I signed up and bought some floor mats for the car.. yeah it's not as sexy as Canon 300mmm f 2.8.

Thanks again Rich!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-06-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Canon stuff down to 8% now, at least on my computer. Some of the other items I looked at and bought thursday at 30% back are now 8% as well.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-08-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sad day, oh well, I'll just keep checking it. I have the live.com account, just wasn't seeing the discounts you were talking about, but that's because they're changing.

No doubt about the deals, even at 15% off, you can't beat them!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Rich, make sure you closely inspect the ACOG you get and do your homework as there are a substantial number of Knock off ACOG's floating around. If you are un-aware of this...I would search AR15.com and Calguns to get up to date on the situation. Then again you may already know about...just thought I would put it out there.

Edit: Now that I think about it you may be able to confirm directly with the manufacturer as well.

(Message edited by liquidmx on December 08, 2008)
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-08-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
It's real, got the case, registration etc. Besides I got it from SWFA who sell a lot on Ebay and is one of AR15.com's featured vendors. They're like the B&H of scopes. In fact it was their guy that announced the whole deal on AR15.com to begin with. I saw some of the Chinese Trijicons at the Reno show, it's pretty easy to tell they're fake by just looking at the reticle and glass. Now if the new lowers I ordered would ever show up!Upload
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Ha, good luck with Black Rifle stuff right now. Do you already have your uppers, lower parts kits, etc? I have heard from numerous sources that uppers are really really hard to find right now. Are you building an AR10 or AR15? I would assume AR15 with the Trijicon but maybe a magnifier? With the whole Obamanation threat on the second people are paying INSANE amounts for black rifle stuff. At Reno I watched lowers go for 200+ and very basic uppers going for 2-3 hundo over historical costs! This whole thing is insane right now. Most vendors and shop guys I talk to tell me their suppliers are completely out of everything. BTW, where are you getting your lowers from...in case there is another gun shop that supports the cause I havent heard of yet. Here in SJ there are a few, but out by you I am clueless...
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-04-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
I know I'm a little late to the party but this is exactly how I got my D40 body. Had a 10% ebay coupon plus 30% cashback. It is going to end up costing $421 when all is said and done.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I made two purchases using MS livesearch and one of them was void because the invoice showed I used an additional discount code:

Here's the support response:

"We are sorry to see your purchase has not shown in your account. We were able to determine you have used an alternate coupon or discount during your checkout process. Additional rebates in addition to cashback void eligibility as per section (g) of the Windows Live Search cashback Terms of Use."
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-06-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
What keywords are you using at Live to get the 30%?
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
none right now. hopefully it will come back one day. You can try this tracker to be notified when it's back.

http://www.abevoelker.com/livesearch/
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-07-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
The 30% on ebay only lasted about a week.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-07-2009, 11:48 PM Reply   
It actually lasted for weeks maybe months. i got 30% back on most my Christmas gifts. I just can't find anything recently, I need a double stroller.