Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    aemonier            04-10-2003, 2:27 PM Reply   
We recieved our first 03 X-STAR today took it for a ride and it lives up to all the hype and more.
Old    gotpwr            04-10-2003, 2:43 PM Reply   
I guess that settles the debate once and for all.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2003, 2:46 PM Reply   
Pics please?
Old    sickboy            04-10-2003, 3:12 PM Reply   
I'm sooooo sick of dealers posting on here about how bad ass the boats that they sell are. Why don't you just keep your mouth shut unless you want to provide some picture proof.

argghhh

Old    trigx5            04-10-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
Hey Mark,
It's not like he's trying to sell anybody one like the Regal Session guy. Maybe there are people on here that live in that area that have been waiting for one. Chill out bro!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-10-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
also notice he has 2 posts. probably just someone jerking your chain
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-10-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
The funny thing is for some people it wouldn't matter how good the wake is. For them the boat is just ugly. Go figure.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-10-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
Maybe Dave could create a discussion board for all the new Boat sales posts? He could title it: Boats and Boat Sales People? or Wanna buy one? or How Good is your Credit? or Lets argue all day about different Manufacturers? or wait a minute! We already have a classified section......Couldn't they just be redirected to "boats less than 5 yrs old"?? Novel idea.....and someone has already thought of it.......hmm....go figure?

Old    sickboy            04-10-2003, 4:55 PM Reply   
Joel-
He may have not come right out and said it like the regal salesman, but come on, you don't think he's trying to hype up a boat that he sells? I mean he's got "boat sales" as his occupation, and the homepage link on his profile goes to a MC dealer. Making a lame comment like he did without backing it up is just stupid.

Sorry, I guess I'm just in a mood today, flame on!

Ryan-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's classic!

(Message edited by sickboy on April 10, 2003)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-10-2003, 5:40 PM Reply   
I'm heading to Orlando with Dave so we'll get some pics of the boat - and the wake - posted soon, hopefully Saturday evening!

Old    trigx5            04-10-2003, 5:46 PM Reply   
Mark-
I feel the same way you do about boat salesmen pawning their sheeot on here but I actually know Aaron, haven't really talked to him much the last six years, but he's just a boat finantic not really a salesman. I wonder what his other post was though????? hmmmmmmmmm...... By the way, all of you guys shredding up the regal salesmen was the best post on here this year!!!!!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-10-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
I am going to be in o-town as well. I will be taking photos too.

t
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-11-2003, 2:17 AM Reply   
Along with many others, I will be in Orlando on Saturday. There will be no mystery regarding the X-Star after that. I wonder how many people are going to the Pro Tour event just to see how the new X-Star performs?

I'll see if my buddy will be bringing his digital camera. If so, I'll make sure he posts pics!
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       04-11-2003, 5:17 AM Reply   
I'm going to O-town!
I will have my 5 megapixel Digi
and my DV video cam.
WE SHALL SEE!!
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-11-2003, 5:28 AM Reply   
I am not a boat salemen and I have not ridden behind the new X-star but I stopped into Ski World here in the bay area and they were preping a new X-Star yeaterday. I am not sold on it yet. Its a friging hugh boat and has a lot a shall I say interesting thing on it but they do have one sitting on the lot. I talk to the guys and they will get 9 in and 8 are were pre sold. Some guy even traded in his 2002 x-30 with custom paint and grafics to get one. Anyhow they will be out on the water soon, yet to see the wake.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
Sandy I'd love to see a vid of this boat in action!
Old    aemonier            04-11-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
I was just letting you know we have one here I do not have one to sell. All of them we have coming are already spoken for.
Old    skionone            04-11-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
Typical MasterCraft, of course it's already spoken for. Aren't all MasterCrafts being built retail sold
Gee, I wonder if they will have the black one, the red one or the blue one in Orlando?
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       04-11-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
I will be there on Sunday.
I can edit and post a video by Sunday night.
Somebody may beat me to it on Saturday.

I'm sure Dave Williams will be video taping.
If not Dave, wanna hook up on Sunday?
Email me:
Sandy@w2knews.com
vankaye@tampabay.rr.com
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-11-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
Preliminary reports indicate that the boat handles extremely well, and the wake has a very long ramp with a transition. This report is from riders that have been practicing behind the boat this week in preparation for the pro tour stop. I will confirm this report when I am there tomorrow and sunday.
Old    boozcruz33            04-11-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
Hey Tim, have these riders said that this boat will revolutionize wakeboarding more than the tower and the ballast system? Is the wake so big that it is like a constant double-up?

I have heard so many different reports from different people... I guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.

I did hear that a few people preparing for the PWT were throwing W2W 9's... which they usually only did off of double ups... but, who knows.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-11-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Shane no outlandish comments about revolutionizing the sport. Just objective comments about what the wake was like. Tomorrow will tell

constant double up would require a very steep wake, which apparently this is not.
Old    boozcruz33            04-11-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
That's what I have always figured. It is bound to throw a pretty big wake... after all, it weighs over 4000 lbs!

What is the beam on that boat? I wonder how hard it is to sink it beyond more than the factory ballast does?
Old    xtigeman            04-11-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
Shane: The boats sinks easy for a large beam boat because the actually in the water running surface is smaller. It is like a 23 foot boat on a 21 foot bottom hull. The keeps the wake from being too wide and lets the bot sit deeper into the water.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
100" beam, I was lookin' at one at the Orange County Boat Show today. I really really like everything about it, but it is fairly large and heavy. As far as aesthetics and comfort go, the x-star is my choice. Price and wake would be some downfalls.
Old    xtigeman            04-11-2003, 7:07 PM Reply   
Why would wake be a downfall?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2003, 7:20 PM Reply   
I've heard a lot of things about the wake. I've heard that some pros don't like it. We'll find out after this weekend I guess. I could be wrong.
Old    xtigeman            04-11-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
Ah, I had not heard that. That would be a shame.
Old    nick360            04-11-2003, 8:01 PM Reply   
When I was looking at the boat show, the MC dealer told me that because I was buying my first boat, that the new X-Star was too much boat for me. They told me that I would not be able to handle the wake because it was too big and advanced for me. They told me that their pros said it was even too big for them. They also told me that it was too big of a boat for me to handle as my first boat. They told me that the X-2 was the best boat for me since it was my first boat.

What ever.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2003, 11:00 PM Reply   
Nick, did they happen to have a few extra X-2's laying around?

B-
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       04-12-2003, 3:27 AM Reply   
well considering the x-2 is still one of the best wake boats around. it really doenst matter if the dealer told you to get it or not, youll be extremely happy with it. I konw I am!!!! :-)
Old    nick360            04-12-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Shawn, my point was their marketing hype..."I couldn't handle it", "Even their pros said it was too big for them".
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2003, 4:43 PM Reply   
OK i saw the wake today. did not take any pictures though, sorry bout that one.

The wake to me seems pretty similar to a heavily weighted X2 or VLX. It was of good proportions. Not huge or awesomely massive, but just very big. Nobody seemed to be having difficulty with the wake. I would really like to see it right next to a weighted X2. to compare wake magnitude.

Things to note, this boat looks like it is not exempt from the nose dip. Looked pretty close on a couple instances. Also, boat plowed on tight turns but seemed to handle well overall.
Old    xtigeman            04-12-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
Any extra weight in it? Be pretty good if had wake of a heavily weighted VLX or X2 without any additional weight. If it was loaded down, then why bother unless you want the extra size. Interesting about nose being low. MC v-drives are notorious for riding a little bow high which is cool with me. What was the feedback from people who rode it. Was it very clean?
Old    chase            04-13-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
The bow was really close to the water! Could this be by design to counter bow rise? The wake looked good and big but not any better than a SAN. They must have had some sort of weight in it because it came out of the hole like a pig!

Boy, it sounds like I disliked it, but, in truth I really loved the look of the boat on the water. I still can't stand the stupid looking dash, but overall, the boat was impressive.

It will all come down to pricing I think. There is no way that it would be worth more than a SANTE in my very unprofessional opinion!
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-13-2003, 6:47 PM Reply   
After today there are bound to be 100's of photos of the new X-Star in action. It's real. These are not the boat show boats from last fall...

There were two red X-Stars in the water, none on land. After the tournament, we were able to walk right up to the second X-Star that was not used in the tournament and scope it out up close. It looks great in the water, both moving and standing still.

It's very nice, price not withstanding. Changes I noticed from the prototypes included a modified dash pod that now rests on an elevated dash platform, and modified tower hinge.

The wake looked nice, but not like a tidal wave or anything. I expect MasterCraft loyalists will pay up for this boat, and others who like it will wait a year or two when prices are more sane on the used market...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-13-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
i will be the third to say the boat looked good on the water. I like how the stuff was integrated on the tower. I really like the function of those borad racks, but really don't care for the look of them. lastly, the front tube of the tower looks like a fly high monkey bar. could do something there to make it look better. (no I am not a big fan of the boss billet either)

Old    wakerookie            04-13-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
Has anyone seen the new Cobalt 240SD deck boat?? Hint,it strongly resembles the new X-Star,or vice-versa!! Hmmmm????
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-13-2003, 9:06 PM Reply   
Adam, same guy designed both boats.
Old    wakerookie            04-13-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Thanks, that explains the similarity. There still both fugly though, I just thought it was funny that a tournament level wakeboard boat resembled a runabout that much.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-13-2003, 10:08 PM Reply   
Travis moye, driver of the pro tour said it drives like a dream, handled the ruff water very well and was ver comfortable, not one person who rode behind it said it was "all that"
i rode behind an x 2 all week, the wake was pretty nice. interior, eh wasnt impressive. some things they did really stupid
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2003, 3:45 AM Reply   
skylar, i'm going to have to correct you a little bit. quite a few of the the top riders(who ride for other boat companies) this weekend, said that they loved the wake, and that it was really fun. also, i think its hard for most people to judge a wake in a contest format. especially the first contest of the year in a short lake with tons of rollers and sliders. i'm gonna have the boat a my place this week, and i think you'll get everyone's real opinion once they get a chance to just get out and play behind it.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
Somebody has to have pictures from this weekend? I'd like to see this boat on the water.
Old    oldschool            04-14-2003, 7:24 AM Reply   
I just posted several pictures of the boat and the wake in the other discussion forum. It's under Pro Tour Stop Orlando PICS. Enjoy!
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Travis, how much weight did they have in the boat?