Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    patratmkk            08-07-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
I have had my boat for just under two years now. It is an 04 Centurion Elite V. I know some will say well thats your problem. Well here it is. I have not had a problem with the boat at all. Backed it down the ramp and went to fire it up and it back fired. Turned it over again and fired right up. Problem is now I have a loud sucking sound through the throttle body. Also took it out for a spin and the throttle stuck. I got the throttle linkage squared away, but why the sucking sound. Everything appears fine. Boat runs great?????? Just has that noise.
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-07-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
When it backfired, did it blow the spark arestor off?
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
Check to see if you have a air filter connected, if it's sucking in air with no restrictions, it will make a loud sucking sound.....this may not be 100% but I know that's how it is with cars.
Old    patratmkk            08-07-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
I pulled of the spark arrestor(I maybe wrong) the item that looks like an airfilter that sits on top of the throttle body. Seems to be fine. Not sure if it expanded the mesh looks fine? I also made sure it was tightened all the way down. Still noisy??? I called local dealer and they want $120 for a new spark arrestor unit.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2006, 1:39 AM Reply   
You can check to see if it is sucking anywhere other then the air intake by spraying wd-40 around the base of the throttle body. Maybe the sound was there all along and you just now recognize it after the backfire drew your attention to the sound?? You can also use a piece of hose to your ear and the other end around the TB's base.
Old    patratmkk            08-08-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone,
Bob you are probably right. I am probably focusing on the sound now that the backfire happened. Thanks again for eveyones help..

Pat..