Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    peulock            10-06-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Anybody here learned 180 HS without being able to do a wake to wake jump riding switch? Most places tell you that it;s prerequisite for the 180 is to ride switch well, I can land HS 180 1W but I can't land the 2W.My switch riding is pretty sloppy, i can land like 1 wake half cabs .
Thanks
Old    alanp            10-06-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
yeah im sure the majority of people learned the 180 before learning a switch hs or ts wake jump. its not a prereq to be able to ride switch well either tho it helps, alot. my guess is your sliding out on your butt when you go wake to wake which is pretty common for people learning this trick. try to stare at the shore and that should help a little.
devote some time to riding switch itll be WELL worth your efforts. slow the boat down a tad so the crashes arent so harsh
Old    peulock            10-06-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
yes...alan...I'am doing exactly what you said...great thanks...about riding switch I in the last 5 sessions I started devoting my warm up to riding switch....it does help
thanks again
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-06-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
no man...i learned the hs 180 before being able to do switch w2w..switch heelside w2w is not hard at all just cut into it like you do when you normally ride, but ts w2w is a totally different story...
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-06-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
If you are sliding out on your but then one of two things is happening.
1 Turning of the wake (slow rotation). Makes it real hard to edge away on your toes plus the handel is away from your body.
Fix. Wait go up then turn and keep the handel close to your hips from the start of your cut.

2 Your landing with your palms up. this will place more of your body wieght on your heels causing you to slide out.
Fix. when you land think of landing with you rope hand in your back pocket palms facing the boat and look to shore or any direction but the boat.

Not a expert but I like to throw down 180
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-06-2005, 10:29 PM Reply   
hs 180 is easier imho than hs w2w switch. Halfcab is the easiest w2w involving any amount os switch.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-07-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
i can land a 180 switch toeside w2w and regular ts 180 w2w, these are the easiest 180 to hit, i can barely go w2w toeside, seems i have more cofidence hitting the wake knowing i'm going to land healside, so if you have any problems landing heelside 180, start hitting your 180 toeside both regular and switch(you won't have a problem with these because they are much easier) and go back to hs180's when the water is a little warmer
ps. we have a foreign exchange student here from brazil, he plays soccer, and we took him out wakeboarding yesterday, he didn't get up but i think you'll have another wakeboarder in brazil when he gets back home
Old    peulock            10-09-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
Hey joeshmoe,
Thanks for the advice, the water is pretty good down here, not as good as summer though. I am glad to know that another brazilian has been bitten by the wakeboarding bug(as we say here). I'll be sending a link of our pro regional stop, pretty good wakeboarding level. Cheers from brazil!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-09-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
ha.

some of us are just weird.......

i cant do normal switch wake to wake jumps they feel weird, but i can do sw 180s and sw 360's

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-09-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
switch toeside 180s but not a regular toeside wake jump?? wow you are good, switch toeside edge is the most ridiculous backwards foreign thing for me, I might as well close my eyes when I do that edge, it might help...