Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
So, I snapped my radius in half, about 3 inches down from my elbow, in February and had ORIF surgery on it getting a plate and 6 screws. It's about 3 1/2 months out now and I'm still waiting for it to heal and cannot wait to be release to start riding.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience like this and how long it took to heal?

Thanks in advance
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   

Here's an X-ray after they plated it
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-02-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
I broke the same on both arms closer to my wrists and had hardware like yours. It only took about 4 1/2 months before I could ride but then i had the plate removed a bit later so took another couple months. I brok broke both legs (ankle area) on three different occasions (wakeboarding, running a half marathon & skimboarding) and and took 4 months to ride again but about 7 months before I felt comfortable doing any spins, inverts or other sports like soccer.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
Cool thanks for the feedback. The plate and screws will stay in unless they back out or start causing me pain.

I go back to the dr on Tuesday for another check up.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2012, 4:41 PM Reply   
When you started riding at 4 1/2 mths was that full on riding or just feeling it out?
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-03-2012, 10:52 PM Reply   
4 1/5 months was feeling it out. It's the 6-7 month mark were things start to feel normal again.
Old    kx250frider617            06-04-2012, 12:16 AM Reply   
I broke my femur last august, rod from hip to knee with screws, Its coming up on 10 months and I am barely getting out there. The main thing is, let it heal and work out those muscles. I am at the stage right now where the bone is about 100% healed but now my knee is extremely weak and I can't even squat on one leg what so ever.